Charge to use laptop onboard??

39august

What is the current charge to use the WiFi for your personal laptop, please? About a year ago I asked at Guest Relations and they gave me a print out with several options, the most expensive being $100 for the duration of a 7 night cruise. My husband has now bought a laptop and plans to bring it on Voyager in Jan. and I am curious to know if that price has changed. Also, does anyone know if there is in-cabin hook-up on Voyager?

Charges are the same fleet wide. I'm sure someone recently off Voyager can tell you if they have cyber cabin otherwise:

$.55 per minute

Or pre-paid Internet Packages:

60 Minutes............. $28

90 Minutes............. $38

150 Minutes........... $55

I was just about to post the same thing. We are leaving next week on the navigator, 4 dayer. We went about 3 years ago on the 7 day and we rented something that allowed us to use the laptop in our roon all week for $100 unlimited. DO they still do this?

The $100 deal was for the CyberCabin. The actual cost varies by length of cruise. Some ships have been doing away with it, but hopefully someone can let you know whether it is still available on Voyager.

Otherwise you just have to pay the per minute rates to use the ship's wifi.

Question for laptop use:

A friend of mine was asking that the other day which is a very good question I think.

When you use your laptop are you just accessing the internet of the ship or the network.

I.e. If you go to Starbucks you are just accessing wireless internet. If you are in my company you are accessing wireless the internet through the network.

First one is good if you just send mails or browse the net. Second is good if you want to use printers hooked up to the network.

Archived