Australia 28 Day Circumavigation Cruise - Dawn Princess Review

starskyfan

Hello to everyone,

Here is the link to my Dawn Princess review of the cruise around Australia. What a vacation! Sorry it's so long, about 14 pages, so you may give up long before you get to the end. If there are any questions let me know.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=49560

Also, if interested here is the link where I posted a few photos while we were gone. I still have thousands of others to go through, but these were the ones I pulled out to share with family and friends.

http://community.webshots.com/user/starskyfan

Brenda

Hello to everyone,

Here is the link to my Dawn Princess review of the cruise around Australia. What a vacation! Sorry it's so long, about 14 pages, so you may give up long before you get to the end. If there are any questions let me know.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=49560

Also, if interested here is the link where I posted a few photos while we were gone. I still have thousands of others to go through, but these were the ones I pulled out to share with family and friends.

http://community.webshots.com/user/starskyfan

Brenda

Wow Brenda,

That time passed quickly.

Glad you had a great trip. Loved your review, and will catch up with your Webshots pics over the weekend.

Pity you did not have your swimmers on for a swim under the Wangi Falls. It would have been a great way to refesh yourself from the Darwin heat.

To note - I think Sun Princess is under Princess control - our onboard account was processed in the US (the P&O ships are managed from the UK).

Wow Brenda,

That time passed quickly.

Glad you had a great trip. Loved your review, and will catch up with your Webshots pics over the weekend.

Pity you did not have your swimmers on for a swim under the Wangi Falls. It would have been a great way to refesh yourself from the Darwin heat.

To note - I think Sun Princess is under Princess control - our onboard account was processed in the US (the P&O ships are managed from the UK).

I know what you mean, believe me, the water would have felt nice. Hopefully my review will help someone else out from either not getting to go swimming, or not feeling forced to wear their suit for the long ride.

I think it was our friends that mentioned about the difference of the Dawn & Sun. I'll have to ask them when they get back from Australia. They are taking the Sun to Asia out of Sydney in 2010, and it seems to me they said their was something different about the booking.

Thanks so much for your help in the past Geoff, it was invaluable!

Brenda

Hi Brenda,

I just had a look through your wonderful Webshots galleries.

I love the Perth mint coin and folder you received - it is a lovely bonus.

For the last 18 months, I have wondered who actually writes all the stuff for Carnival Australia (Princess and P&O). I think if I made that many clangers, I would be looking for another line of work. I looked with wonder at the writing on the coin folder -

Welcome aboard! You are about to explore the world's largest continent from a very different point of view.

Unless I failed Geography at school, I am sure that we have always been classified as the worlds' smallest continent. :D

Hi Brenda,

Glad you got home safe and sound.

It was lovely meeting you both. I was going to ring you when you returned to Sydney but the fact that I lost my voice for a week made it difficult.

I bet you are over deserts for now. :D I had to laugh at the frequency of your desert mentions. Unfortunately that's my weakness too. I did lose a few kilos but I'm sure they will go back on within a few days on my cruise.

I'm really glad you had a wonderful trip. Have a rest before starting to plan the next one.

Cheers,

Lynne

Geoff- they probably got confused with the world's largest Island (but that's a whole new debate).

Geoff- they probably got confused with the world's largest Island (but that's a whole new debate).

Yes Lynne - for sure.

The people that right this media and PR stuff are paid way to well to be confused about such things. While reading press releases, brochures etc - they appear to be confused quite often.

Hi Brenda,

I just had a look through your wonderful Webshots galleries.

I love the Perth mint coin and folder you received - it is a lovely bonus.

For the last 18 months, I have wondered who actually writes all the stuff for Carnival Australia (Princess and P&O). I think if I made that many clangers, I would be looking for another line of work. I looked with wonder at the writing on the coin folder -

Welcome aboard! You are about to explore the world's largest continent from a very different point of view.

Unless I failed Geography at school, I am sure that we have always been classified as the worlds' smallest continent. :D

I never noticed it! I think my brain must have read "island" like you've been talking about. I was just so thrilled with the coin. It also said "Welcome Aboard" and we didn't get it until the end of the cruise. Guess they weren't ready!

Hi Brenda,

Glad you got home safe and sound.

It was lovely meeting you both. I was going to ring you when you returned to Sydney but the fact that I lost my voice for a week made it difficult.

I bet you are over deserts for now. :D I had to laugh at the frequency of your desert mentions. Unfortunately that's my weakness too. I did lose a few kilos but I'm sure they will go back on within a few days on my cruise.

I'm really glad you had a wonderful trip. Have a rest before starting to plan the next one.

Cheers,

Lynne

It was great meeting the two of you as well. I thought the same thing about calling you but figured if you couldn't talk, there wasn't much point.

Oh yes, the desserts, what I wouldn't give for one of those chocolate chip cookies to go with my coffee this morning. Such a shame that can't be part of my diet! Of all the goodies, I miss having those for breakfast the most. By the end of the cruise I was pretty sick of most of the "food" items, but not so much with the desserts! The ones that were chocolate were usually best. I was getting a little more fussy towards the end though. I thought I gained more weight than I did, it was "only" 18 pounds, and Brian gained 17. We lost about 5 in the first week. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to lose it all. I know it sounds bad, but for a 6 week vacation I'm quite impressed we did that well. Brian gained 17 on a 2 week cruise once.

Rest before planning another trip? One of the first things I did was look up Hawaii (for next year) and the ports for a Mediterranean Cruise for 2010. But I do want to put it on the back burner until I at least get my photos and movies taken care of because once you start planning, it takes all your time. Right Lynne? I'll be anxious to hear all about your New Zealand cruise, that's on my list as well.

Archived