How many people in a Veranda?

lzbthc82

Hello,

We are trying to book our first cruise ever and after about a week of reading, I'm starting to feel a bit more comfortable. I do have a question though and the search functions aren't returning any answers.

How many people fit in a Veranda suite on the Fantasy/Imagination/Inspiration cruises? There are four of us, two adults and two small children.

Liz

I just checked at carnival.com. According to the deck plans, the suites on Verandah deck only sleep three, twin/king and a single convertible sofa.

It's possible they would give you a rollaway. I'm sure if anyone has done that, they'll be along to verify. Or you can call Carnival and ask to be sure.

Let me tell you what I did...worked out really nicely. Find out if you can book a suite guarantee. I did that with my family of four on the Fascination, and we HAD to be placed in a cat 12 because the 11's would not accomodate 4 people. Saves money and you're getting an awesome cabin! :)

Click on these thread/links to get lots of pictures (from before refurbs to current renovations)

on the Category 11s (Verandah Deck Suites)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=298868

and the Category 12s (Upper Deck Suites)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=6392925

The Category 11s "technically" only sleep 3. They may not allow two kids in there.

In your case, if it's not too much more expensive - you will probably be better off booking yourselves into a Category 12 Suite on the Upper Deck.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

:cool:

Let me tell you what I did...worked out really nicely. Find out if you can book a suite guarantee. I did that with my family of four on the Fascination, and we HAD to be placed in a cat 12 because the 11's would not accomodate 4 people. Saves money and you're getting an awesome cabin! :)

That is a perfect idea!

Thank you so much for your reply. A roll away would be awesome. I searched for an hour and a half looking for room descriptions with guest capacities on carnival... guess I was in the wrong spot lol

If you could tell me when you are looking to cruise and what itenerary I could get you an answer, but need more info:)

Wolfie:Mine and dh's spring break is the week of March 16th, so that is when we are looking to cruise. We like beaches and we live in South GA, so there are a few ports within driving distance. We want a ship that will be REALLY fun for the kids, so that is why we were leaning toward these. Again I'm totally new at this and am open to just about anything. :D

I have been looking at Tampa 5 day Inspiration march 14, but like I said, I'm new and am open to suggestions.

CJW: Thank you so much for the links. I had spent well over two hours in the cat 11 thread a few days ago. lol The cat 12 thread is awesome too. I love having all those pictures and loads of info in one spot.

I hadn't even thought of booking a guarantee and then being auto upgraded. Very smart! The price difference is about $850 between the two cabins from 11-12.

Just had a thought.. I know it is a bit off topic, but I'd hate to start a new thread over a simple question. Do they strictly enforce the height rules for the waterslides on the ships where it empties into a pool? If they don't then I might have more ship options. I could not possibly tell the almost 6 year old that is a very good swimmer she couldn't go on the slide. :rolleyes:

Just had a thought.. I know it is a bit off topic, but I'd hate to start a new thread over a simple question. Do they strictly enforce the height rules for the waterslides on the ships where it empties into a pool? If they don't then I might have more ship options. I could not possibly tell the almost 6 year old that is a very good swimmer she couldn't go on the slide. :rolleyes:

From every person who has posted, I have to believe yes, they do enforce the height on all ships. There is still a lot to do. I hope this isnt a deal breaker for your almost 6 year old.

Definitely do the guarantee. You'll be thrilled. The room is so nice too, and there's a tub in it, which I found so much easier for the kids.

And sad to say...yes they did enforce the height requirements on the slide. My daughter was pretty disappointed. This was on a ship though without the new Evolutions of Fun...I don't know what the height requirements are for that, or how strict they are. But on the Fascination, it did dump into the pool and they wouldn't let her on. And she was only about an inch and a half below the line too. But, on the flip side, it wasn't open that much and she still had a great time in the pool anyway.

How far off the mark is your daughter?

From every person who has posted, I have to believe yes, they do enforce the height on all ships. There is still a lot to do. I hope this isnt a deal breaker for your almost 6 year old.

Nah, it isn't that big of a deal. We would just stick to the newly renovated ships that seem to have a much lower height restriction (or so their website says) because it empties into a very small amount of water instead of a pool. Either way I'm sure they will love it! :D

Irizit: That is so sad that they wouldn't let her go. =( My youngest is 45" tall and I believe the -into a pool- slides require 48". I would hope she grows three inches in the next 3 months, but that would mean I'd have to buy all new clothes.. again! lol

Nah, it isn't that big of a deal. We would just stick to the newly renovated ships that seem to have a much lower height restriction (or so their website says) because it empties into a very small amount of water instead of a pool. Either way I'm sure they will love it! :D

Irizit: That is so sad that they wouldn't let her go. =( My youngest is 45" tall and I believe the -into a pool- slides require 48". I would hope she grows three inches in the next 3 months, but that would mean I'd have to buy all new clothes.. again! lol

your daugther will be able to go down the 2 blue slides but not the huge one, which is really big! I am going on the IMagination march 14 as well, email me at etheralmassage@yahoo.com with cruise in the title, I can give you tons of info!

At this age they do grow fast, you might not have to worry about it. The suite guarantee is a great idea. I have been on the Inspiration you'll love the ship! If I can be of any help let me know. Happy cruising

John

Wolfie:Mine and dh's spring break is the week of March 16th, so that is when we are looking to cruise. We like beaches and we live in South GA, so there are a few ports within driving distance. We want a ship that will be REALLY fun for the kids, so that is why we were leaning toward these. Again I'm totally new at this and am open to just about anything. :D

I have been looking at Tampa 5 day Inspiration march 14, but like I said, I'm new and am open to suggestions.

CJW: Thank you so much for the links. I had spent well over two hours in the cat 11 thread a few days ago. lol The cat 12 thread is awesome too. I love having all those pictures and loads of info in one spot.

I hadn't even thought of booking a guarantee and then being auto upgraded. Very smart! The price difference is about $850 between the two cabins from 11-12.

My web site is only showing availability for the next sailing which is the 19th. But the Carnival site shows the date you would like....good luck!

Archived