Voyager - drydock

cycle

We will be travelling on Voyager July 09 and have read that it is in drydock April 09 - what exactly do ships have done while in drydock -Thanks for any replies.:)

According to the RCCL website, the Voyager is still scheduled to enter Dry Dock after her Eastbound Transatlantic cruise ending on May 3, 2009.

She is scheduled to come out for her 11 night Best of Europe Cruise starting on May 13, 2009..

I can not change the schedule on rumor until RCCL confirms it.

Dry Dock can include everything from a major overhaul of inside carpeting, bedding, painting, to engine major repairs, etc.

They seldom tell us what will be done unless the ship has a problem like a pod and has to go into Dry Dock early.

I was on Rhapsody shortly after her last dry dock, thankfully, not the next week. The folks on the week following dry dock, elevators were on and off and the buffet was closed almost the entire week and RCL tried to move it into a smaller room, disaster. RCL remolding the windjammer and got in trouble moving the drink stations from the back to the front of something and hadnt gotten it done during dry dock, was doing the rewiring and plumbing the next week during the cruise. There were some unhappy customers the next two weeks actually, especially the week right after.

Thanks for the info. We are hoping to be on Voyager - but 5 months after dry dock. She was a tiny bit tarnished when we were on board in October this year and I'm just wondering whether to expect a major overhaul or mainly operational changes.

Thanks for the info. We are hoping to be on Voyager - but 5 months after dry dock. She was a tiny bit tarnished when we were on board in October this year and I'm just wondering whether to expect a major overhaul or mainly operational changes.

I have been reading comments like this about Voyager a lot lately. I am getting married on board in March this year and I am starting to get nervous that the ship is looking really run down....:(

It's not really run down so don't panic about it. I guess what I most noticed was that some areas were showing signs of ten years of cigarette smoke and some of the soft furnishings were a little shabby. However I have stayed in many worse hotels and I certainly didn't feel that we were in awful place! It's just lost some of the sparkle!

Archived