Onboard shopping question

katier825

What is HAL's return policy regarding onboard purchases? Do they credit you or do they only allow exchanges?

On Princess, I was credited the money when I returned something. On NCL, they allowed exchanges only, no refunds (a policy I did NOT see posted in the stores anywhere).

HAL has allowed me to get refunds on things like clothing that didn’t fit and “gifts for friends” that my 16 year old niece charged to the onboard account.

If you think you might return something ask what the policy is before you buy.

Aunty Pat

Barefoot Windjammer - Phantom ‘81

K&D German Rhine Line ‘84

NCL - Norway ’85, Pride of America ’05, Southward ’87, Star ’97 & ‘05, Starward ’92, Sun ’02 & Windward ’93

RCC - Song of America ‘89

American Hawaiian - Independence ‘98

HAL - Volendam ’99, Noordam ’06, Oosterdam ’07 & ‘09, Statendam ’02 & ‘08, Prinsendam ’03 & ’06, Westerdam ’09 & Zuiderdam ’04, ’06 & ‘07

Carnival - Spirit ‘05

Celebrity – Summit ‘05

Cruise West - Yorktown Clipper ‘06

Princess - Golden Princess ‘07

A & K - East Queen ‘07

Cunard - QM2 ’08

Good to know you got a refund. If I buy anything, I will ask...I was just so surprised that NCL didn't allow refunds. Good thing I didn't buy something expensive and try to return it! Guess I'm so used to the policy on Princess that it didn't occur to me that I wouldn't be allowed to on another line.

Thanks for the reply!

On this past TA cruise on HAL - I bought a Venetian glass necklace and later that day decided against it, the shop refunded the purchase on account.

Another cruise I had bought tanzanite earrings and necklace and during the year I found I wasn't wearing them that much, so I downloaded the return form and filled it out and sent them all away - receipts, warranties and all - and was refunded within 6 weeks....I believe you have up to one year on the better jewelry - but it's always wise to ask first before purchasing - policies do change.

Archived