Newbie question - carrying luggage

kellane

My first cruise is planned for Nov. 29th. I have been so excited and have been doing "research" on different websites since last year! I read somewhere a while ago that you can carry your own luggage aboard the ship so that you don't have to worry about what time the ship will have it to your room. Does anyone know if Carnival even allows this?

Thanks!

Kellane

not to mention how slow the elevators are on the days of gettingon and getting off.

I would check in the luggage with the porters and carry on what you really need to get you through the first day. For dinner on carnival you can wear your travel clothes as its a bit hectic.

The only luggage you are allowed to bring on board with you is your small carry on that has to fit through one of those small xray machines. I don't think they fit anything larger than a 19" bag. All your larger bags must be checked and they are scanned in larger machines before being brought on board.

My sister once told me that they decided to lug their own luggage on board and they were very sorry. It's usually a long way to your cabin and if you're unfamiliar with the ship who wants to be dragging all those bags around. Especially if you are like me and have 2 carry-ons, a purse, and 3 or 4 large suitcases between hubby and me.:o

Archived