OBC refunded automatically to credit card?

fernem

Hi,

I know there was just a thread recently but I want to make sure I understood correctly. With the shareholder's OBC, the travel agent OBC and now the fuel supplement OBC we will actually be hard pressed to spend all of it, even in ten days. Does it automatically go back to the credit card on record? Does one need to do anything to make this happen?

Thanks in advance for advice. I will, of course, force myself to spend it if it is due to disappear :eek: but really would prefer to see it as a reduction in the cost of the cruise.:)

fern

I know there on conflicting reports on this with X, but how can they not credit back to your credit card? It is money you paid as part of your fare?

Also how about we PAX on Xpediton, I have a trip booked for January? The cruise is all-inclusive.

I will tell you about my experience with RCI and crediting of OBC.

On 3 cruises I have received credit back to the credit card I used to cover ship board charges, these were 1.05. 10.00 and 5.00. I was not expecting to get it back.

On my most recent cruise on RCI in OCT. I had pre-paid over 1000. for excursions,specialty restaurants etc...my OBC was roughly that much.

I certainly expected to be refunded any left over and I was, but this time I took it out in cash the last evening.

My OBC was from Stock Owner ship. Visa and TA. Even though stock ownership and visa say use it or loose it, they do not take the time to figure that out at least on 3 differnt RCI ships I sailed on this last year.

I called Celebrity prior to our cruise AND asked while on board at the Purser's desk: "If I have a balance left of OBC, would I receive a credit on my chg. card?".....BOTH SAID YES!

Just returned .. Solstice 11/300-12/7.....fabulous ship. Both pools were cold. Food terrific. Cabin 7298...bed near the sliding veranda doors; bed comfortable; enough storage, although confirgured differently than I am used to. Wonderful cruisers, great staff. Enjoyable shows! Only problem: 7 days is not enough time to see and do it all! Found terrific piano player in Michael's the last 2 evenings! Forget to get to the Bistro on 5 and get the Gelata!

When you receive your final statement of charges, it will reflect the balance of unused credits and they will be applied to the credit card you used as your method of payment. Both times we've received them, they've been credited within four business days.

Have a great cruise!

Archived