A new cruise themed series is starting on the Travel ChannelI hope this doesn't get m

Liv4cruzin

I wonder if the show about the Pearl will as laughable as the one they had recently about cruising on the Gem from Barcelona to Italy?

In that show, there were no crowds at the pool with empty chairs around the pool, no one had to wait to eat, and the ship looked deserted. We laugh every time it was shown. They even showed the episode on the ship TV when we recently sailed on the Dream.

I wonder if the show about the Pearl will as laughable as the one they had recently about cruising on the Gem from Barcelona to Italy?

In that show, there were no crowds at the pool with empty chairs around the pool, no one had to wait to eat, and the ship looked deserted. We laugh every time it was shown. They even showed the episode on the ship TV when we recently sailed on the Dream.

That was funny. They must have waited to film it when everyone deserted the ship in the ports. What a surprise it would be to a new cruiser.

I have even gone to the Travel Channel's website to ask to be sent a reminder about this program.

We unfortunately will not be able to see the show that night. If anyone has any way to put it up online, that would be much appreciated! Please send me a message if that is possible!

We were supposed to go on the Pearl on the November 23rd sailing, but had to cancel on the 22nd dude to a family emergency. We are rescheduling for January so would love to see the show.

Thanks in advance,

Miqdad

We unfortunately will not be able to see the show that night. If anyone has any way to put it up online, that would be much appreciated! Please send me a message if that is possible!

We were supposed to go on the Pearl on the November 23rd sailing, but had to cancel on the 22nd dude to a family emergency. We are rescheduling for January so would love to see the show.

Thanks in advance,

Miqdad

Miqqy, It's also being aired on Sat. 12/27 at noon on the same channel. It's probably being aired a bunch of times.

Unless it ends up on the cutting room floor, DD is the one swiping the host's card as she boards the ship!

I was on the Pearl when they were filming - I can't wait to see it.

Can't wait to watch it. They were filming onboard our Alaska cruise in September

That seems like a lot of filming since the three threads above are from people who were on the Pearl at three different times.:confused:

That seems like a lot of filming since the three threads above are from people who were on the Pearl at three different times.:confused:

Yah, but, if you were the crew doing the filming, wouldn't you milk it for all it's worth? ("Ahhh, no Mr. Producer. We're not done, yet. We're going to have to go on another cruise to finish.")

I believe DancerMom's DD works on the Pearl, so she could have been there at any of the filming times. Can't speak for the others, but I just know what I saw on our cruise. We saw them filming around the ship and also ate lunch in Cagney's next to the crew, with their equipment and production notebooks.

According to the Travel Channel website, this is the opening episode of this series.

Can't wait to watch it. They were filming onboard our Alaska cruise in September.

Would you mind giving me the link to where you found that? I have searched that site every where I can trying to find any info on it. The reason I am so curious is we can not figure out how it got on our dvr schedule.

Would you mind giving me the link to where you found that? I have searched that site every where I can trying to find any info on it. The reason I am so curious is we can not figure out how it got on our dvr schedule.

Terry, you probably recorded the series that Samantha Brown started when she did the Gem cruise... or was that another channel?

Just a quick FYI. The series is called "Great Cruises". There is also one of rhe freedom of the Seas done in 2006. but the Pearl'ds is a brand new one for the travel channel. We have been on there twice and love the boat. Next up is the Jade.:)

Oh, sorry...when I went to get the link for you, I realized I found more info on the TVguide website. The Travel Channel website only has it in the TV listings. Here's the TVguide link: http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/great-cruises/296149

Thanks for looking this up for me.

Terry, you probably recorded the series that Samantha Brown started when she did the Gem cruise... or was that another channel?

We did.. and I think the reason its on our DVR I will post below.

Just a quick FYI. The series is called "Great Cruises". There is also one of rhe freedom of the Seas done in 2006. but the Pearl'ds is a brand new one for the travel channel. We have been on there twice and love the boat. Next up is the Jade.:)

thanks Tom.. that explains it for me. Our DVR will not select it by channel specifically unless we tell it to do that. We have it set to record any show with that title so if it moves from one channel to another thats how it is on our DVR.

Hi Paula,

I remember seeing them filming in the Bliss Lounge bowling alley among other places (like shuffleboard). I figured maybe they were using the footage for a commercial. I am surprised they used our Alaska cruise rather than a sunny Caribbean cruise for filming.

Hope all is well with you. Happy holidays!

Cyndi

• 5 weeks later...

I caught the show today, ended up changing the channel actually. They really did not show alot of the ship at all, showed mostly the cruise to Alaska, and the way it came off was this ship called the "Pearl" only goes to Alaska.

If i knew nothing about cruising, thats exactly what i would have though, that to go on this ship i had to go to Alaska.

I just don't think the show was very well done.

Archived