Airline Courtesy Bus - Port (Miami) to Airport

VABeach

I haven't taken a bus transfer from the Peir back to the Airport in a few years.....

I think I remember waiting outside for a bus from the airline to pull up and take you to the airport.....

I also think I remember that it doesn't really matter which bus you get on because they all go to the airport anyway?????

Should I go through all the trouble to arrange a pickup from Airtran, or just go outside and jump on a bus????

Thanks for the advice. I usually plan on staying late and renting a car. Didn't do that this time...... :confused:

I haven't taken a bus transfer from the Peir back to the Airport in a few years.....

I think I remember waiting outside for a bus from the airline to pull up and take you to the airport.....

I also think I remember that it doesn't really matter which bus you get on because they all go to the airport anyway?????

Should I go through all the trouble to arrange a pickup from Airtran, or just go outside and jump on a bus????

Thanks for the advice. I usually plan on staying late and renting a car. Didn't do that this time...... :confused:

I must say I've never heard of an airline transfer bus. In this day and age when they're charging you to take your luggage I don't see them running shuttle buses.

Maybe they do have them though and I just never paid attention.

Bill

I don't recall ever seeing an airport shuttle either.

Maybe you're thinking of the Carnival shuttles?

There will be several shuttle buses lined up when you leave the terminal. You can purchase the tickets on the ship. In Miami, it's important to know where the bus is going. Some will be going to MIA and some to FLL.

I don't recall ever seeing an airport shuttle either.

Maybe you're thinking of the Carnival shuttles?

There will be several shuttle buses lined up when you leave the terminal. You can purchase the tickets on the ship. In Miami, it's important to know where the bus is going. Some will be going to MIA and some to FLL.

You could go with Carnival transport - if you can wait for the bus to fill up (sometimes not a long wait), or there are private van shuttles (fast and a wee bit less expensive) or a cab.

Thanks so much for ALL of the responces!!

Does anyone know how much a cab is from MIA to FLL Airport? The Hotel Clerk told me $100.00 each way!! :eek:

Does the Tri-Rail pick-up from Port of Miami???

Thanks again so much!

I love CC~ :)

Does anyone know how much a cab is from MIA to FLL Airport? The Hotel Clerk told me $100.00 each way!!

Yep....$100 sounds right. That's what I've paid, including tip.

I've also rented a car at FLL and dropped it off in Miami. That was around $50. Enterprise (I believe it was) has a drop off in SoBe with a free shuttle to the port.

There's GoShuttle just outside the doors at FLL. Last time I used them, it was $18pp.

My favorite is Larry's Limo (but they have vehicles other than limos).

Thanks so much for ALL of the responces!!

Does anyone know how much a cab is from MIA to FLL Airport? The Hotel Clerk told me $100.00 each way!! :eek:

Does the Tri-Rail pick-up from Port of Miami???

Thanks again so much!

I love CC~ :)

It's more like $45 for a cab, not $100!!! Someone was pulling your leg. never close to $100 for a 30 - 45 mile trip. $100 sounds high to me, but I do share a ride from the FLL airport, per person rate anywhere within the 3 counties.

Tri-Rail doesnt pick up from anywhere, you need to take a bus to get on it. Dont hit rush hour. Imagine you with your suitcases trying to get in among the commutes and their hostile glares at your luggage, unless you travel very light. Tri Rail is probably 5 miles or so from the FLL airport to the closest stop.

Tri-Rail goes from Miami, to Ft. Laudedale to West Palm Beach, i.e. three counties, tri.

It's more like $45 for a cab, not $100!!! Someone was pulling your leg. never close to $100 for a 30 - 45 mile trip. $100 sounds high to me, but I do share a ride from the FLL airport, per person rate anywhere within the 3 counties.

Well then I've been getting screwed!!

It's always been close to $100 for me.

It's more like $25 for a cab, not $100!!! Someone was pulling your leg. Might even run $30, but never close to $100 for a 30 - 45 mile trip.

Yes, it would run about $80-85 from POM-FLL. Its $25 from POM to MIA.

http://www.miamibeach411.com/trans_taxi.html

http://www.miami-airport.com/html/taxi_and_shuttle_service.html

Metered Fares

The fees for metered fares are as follows: $4.50 for the first 1/6 mile, (includes the $2.00 airport origination fee) and $.40 each additional 1/6 mile which equals to $6.90 for the first mile and $2.40 for each additional mile. Waiting time is $.40 per minute.

According to the Miami Airport website, a taxi to Port Everglades is $76.90 for 1-5 people in the cab. A shuttle will cost $30.00 per person which is the same rate as the Carnival transfer.

I wouldn't chance tri-rail, especially on a weekend when they don't run frequently and you have to worry about getting to and from the tri-rail stations. Especially if you have more than carry-on luggage. This seems to risky. And I take the subway and bus to the cruise ship terminal in Manhattan whever possible, so it's not like I'm a big sport when traveling. But I'm familiar with that public transportation and I only do it when I'm taking very little luggage.

For our Thanksgiving cruise, we used Go Shuttle from FLL to Port of Miami. $75 for 4 people in private town car (not including tip). On the way back, we hopped into a shuttle van at the port, shared with 2 others. It was $20 per person (not including tip). I'm not sure of the name, but going rate between Port of Miami and FLL seems to be $75-$80.

Archived