Kids tips

haven001

OP,

I think it's fine for you to remove the dining room tips for your children--------as long as they don't eat while on the cruise.

There is a reason tips are set as they are, and although it can be expensive for 4 people, it's part of cruising.

JMO

OP,

I think it's fine for you to remove the dining room tips for your children--------as long as they don't eat while on the cruise.

There is a reason tips are set as they are, and although it can be expensive for 4 people, it's part of cruising.

JMO

Again...does the dining room waiter that waits on YOUR specific table have to pool the tips he gets as part of the "dining room services" portion of your tips?

I don’t understand why this topic is such a big deal. When I go to a restaurant and they do the auto 15% I tip no more just because I HATE when people or company’s tell me what I have to TIP. Tipping should be on a per person basis. If I like the service/Person I will tip them. If the service Sucks so will the tip. As far as Carnival charging $10 Per person is crazy and since this policy is in place. I will not tip extra, Or I could turn the tips off and tip them as I receive service or I can consider that I paid enough for this cruise that I should not be asked to TIP.

I'm still new to this whole cruise thing but that’s how I feel

:mad:

Now you can put me down it won't hurt me

Again...does the dining room waiter that waits on YOUR specific table have to pool the tips he gets as part of the "dining room services" portion of your tips?

Your servers will get the tips that are added to your sail and sign account. They do not pool tips. The head waiter, waiter and asst waiter will all get a portion of the auto tip.

I don’t understand why this topic is such a big deal. When I go to a restaurant and they do the auto 15% I tip no more just because I HATE when people or company’s tell me what I have to TIP. Tipping should be on a per person basis. If I like the service/Person I will tip them. If the service Sucks so will the tip. As far as Carnival charging $10 Per person is crazy and since this policy is in place. I will not tip extra, Or I could turn the tips off and tip them as I receive service or I can consider that I paid enough for this cruise that I should not be asked to TIP.

I'm still new to this whole cruise thing but that’s how I feel

:mad:

Now you can put me down it won't hurt me

You are probably the reason they have auto tipping.

Your servers will get the tips that are added to your sail and sign account. They do not pool tips. The head waiter, waiter and asst waiter will all get a portion of the auto tip.

OK..that's what I thought...so it makes sense that since my kids don't eat in the dining room that we should transfer their "dining room services" portion of tips to the "alternative dining" portion. I don't think $1. a day per kid is enough for all the hard work the bistro cooks and waiters put in serving on the alternative areas. Since the kids eat only at the buffet/pizza places, it seems crazy not to give them the extra automatic tips.

When we get on board we go directly to the Matre' D and inform him that our kids will not be using the dining room and we want their seats made available for others who want to switch their tables or dinner times. We also get a table for 2. Since there are no empty seats at our table there is no reason to tip somebody who never serves them. I know the waitstaff also works on the Lido/buffet areas so transfering the tips to that portion of service seems like a good plan.

Thanks for the info....

Being that you're in the know, suppose I let the MD know I won't be coming to dinner EVERY night, but leave my auto tips in place.

Who gets my money?

.....you can be sure he will be with me at dinner, End of story!

wasiii

Sounds like a fair deal...:)

Since we pay for our sons we tell them they HAVE to have the time of their lives and enjoy each and every minute of the cruise...end of story !

Well for us our kids (now 9 & 13) attend dinner in the dinning room every night. Why beause it is nice to dress up and just enjoy the food and learn tabel manners and the art of waiting for things. But that is what we do...

I would say that you should check with CCL on exactly what the tip goes towards...if it is split the way everyone has posted then pay it if it is not and goes to just the dinner staff then don't.

I agree that tips add up but now I just factor them in at the begining of the trip and just have them as part of the cost of the trip.

Enjoy your trip.

They used to come to formal night but after 11 cruises they got tired of the dress up thing.

It's true, the kids might get tired of the "dress up thing", but I never do. I like having my family at dinner. They probably would rather eat room service but, I'm paying for the cruise, so ......don't be late for dinner.

Archived