Main and Late Dining Times

borg1of2

Sorry, Search has been down, if the question has been answered I couldn't easily locate it.

What time is main dining and what time is late dining? Not knowing if it matters, but I'm looking for our upcoming Panama Canal cruise on the Jewel.

Thanks - Scott

One of our Panama Canal RCI cruises a couple years ago had a 5:30PM main seating time. I thought that was awful because so much is going on at 5:30PM. I love sail-aways and I love sunsets at sea. At 5:300PM dinner, you miss all that, plus it is just too early to get ready.

Even 5:00PM is early, but then late seatings are much later than I want to eat. There are definite advantages and disadvantges to both seatings. It is hard to choose.

Occasionally they do change the dining times. On our Canada/NE cruise a couple years ago they moved the early seating to 5:30 and the late seating to 7:45. This wasn't just for our sailing, but several of the Canada/NE sailings. I was told this was to accomodate the older demographic on these sailings. Also, on our Med cruise last summer, the early seating was moved to 6:45 and the late seating was either 9:15 or 9:30, presumably due to the large number of Europeans on board who are accustomed to eating later. As far as the Caribbean or Panama Canal, I've never experienced anything other than the standard 6:00/8:30 schedule.

Archived