Category 12 Perks?

Love2Cruise081382

We're booking a PH (Category 12) on the Liberty and I was wondering what benefits there are (other than the obvious extra room).

Can anyone help me out?:confused:

Thanks,

B

Read this thread, its a review but gets into the perks(lack of) for suites with Carnival.

Link:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=886301

GL

It looks like "Aqua" was NOT a Happy Camper! I've made several cruises on RCI (all Suites) and they do have many perks; Concierge Service, riority Boarding of course, Priority Shore Tours, and amenities sent to the staterooms.

Maybe I should stick to RCI? I really wanted to visit Half Moon Cay......:(

B

It looks like "Aqua" was NOT a Happy Camper! I've made several cruises on RCI (all Suites) and they do have many perks; Concierge Service, riority Boarding of course, Priority Shore Tours, and amenities sent to the staterooms.

Maybe I should stick to RCI? I really wanted to visit Half Moon Cay......:(

B

Perhaps...just be willing to pay more. If you want to visit Half Moon Cay (which is fabulous...we have been there several times)...you can also sail on Holland America. It was their original island when Carnival Corp purchased the cruise line.

Personally, I think all of Carnival's perks are in line with what you pay for the cruise.

Perhaps...just be willing to pay more. If you want to visit Half Moon Cay (which is fabulous...we have been there several times)...you can also sail on Holland America. It was their original island when Carnival Corp purchased the cruise line.

Personally, I think all of Carnival's perks are in line with what you pay for the cruise.

Agree completely!

That's the answer I hear a lot on CC boards, well carnival has such cheap fares, that people shouldnt expect perks for booking suites. I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I think Carnival needs to step up here. Even if its small things, like canapes to the cabin, do something to makes suites special.

I too agree that more perks would make the price more in line with the amenities for a Cat. 12

People here act like a cat 12 is so cheap, but to me it isnt that great of a deal. On RCL, even a JS is good sized and you get 2 cruise credits for your cruise. Anything above a JS you get free drinks for 2 hours in the consierge lounge. My friends couldnt believe the free drinks, you could order what you wanted. Not like the captains party where you pretty much take what is offered.

I'll admit that I'm disappointed in the lack of perks but what really concerns me is that I want to reserve a Cabana at HMC and since you can't reserve on-line, I have to wait until I get on board and take the chance of them being filled up already.....

Try sailing Holland America. You can reserve cabanas online and you'll have more "perks" in your suite. If you don't want to pay more money than sail Carnival and don't complain. When you book your suite the room description has nothing about personal butler service, reserved show seating, etc. You pay for a bigger/nicer room. No different than paying more for a balcony compared to interior room.

Archived