Master chef Dinner & Anytime Dining

fmax

I know there's two distinct camps of lovers and haters of this event and reasons for both.

However, even though I've experience this on other cruiselines, I've travelling with a couple of non-cruisers and think it's worth letting them see what it's all about.

The problem is we're on anytime dining so does anyone know how to co-ordinate your dining time to ensure you see this.

thanks.

I know there's two distinct camps of lovers and haters of this event and reasons for both.

However, even though I've experience this on other cruiselines, I've travelling with a couple of non-cruisers and think it's worth letting them see what it's all about.

The problem is we're on anytime dining so does anyone know how to co-ordinate your dining time to ensure you see this.

thanks.

From Krazy Kruizers report they did NOT have the Master Chef's Dinner but just offered the menu which was done on the last night. But when I was on the Oosterdam in October and they did do the Master Chef's presentation there was no anytime dining that night those people were asked which dining they wanted 5:30 or 8:00 PM We had fixed early but chose to go to the Pinnacle that night but saw many cabin mail boxes a couple of days before asking for them to decided what time they would like or something like that.

From what I can gather it's when the staff parade through the dining room and sing. I've seen it done on Royal Caribbean ships where it partly shows of the many international crew they have but don't know the particular details for HAL ships.

Our Alaskan experience in May for the MCD was not overly pleasant. The staff seemed a little miserable about it and the food options were average. We had planned to avoid this experience again on the Ryndam recently by dining in the PG that night, however after not being totally impressed with the PG, decided to give the MCD another try. We were pleasantly surprised. The crew seemed a lot more comfortable with it and the food choices had been stepped up a notch. We actually enjoyed it, as did most of the people around us and will be willing to try it again in the future.

:D:D:D

Archived