Taxi from Bayside to Port?

sharktums

Hey all! Quick question (as we're leaving Friday!) We'll be flying in on a redeye arriving 5am Saturday morning to MIA. We'll then take a taxi to the Holiday Inn Bayside where some friends of ours are staying. We'll use their room to shower, grab some breakfast, then we need to get 5 of us to the port. 4 Adults and 1 Toddler. Any idea if we can book one of those mini-van taxi's ahead of time? Should we just call for two taxi's? Will the hotel help with this, are there enough taxis at 11am? Should we call Friday night, or is Saturday morning okay?

In your experiences have the drivers been patient enough to let me strap her car seat in the back?

Any help would be appreciated!

You'll need 2 taxis---they only hold 4, I think. There will be plenty. Call the desk and have them "hail" you 2 cabs! You can call the morning you need it--Miami is like NY or any other big city with the taxi thing.

Yes, you can strap in the child.

I've been to Miami quite a few times over the years and we've gotten the "mini van" taxis in the past.

There are taxis waiting all over the place at that hotel. Call them and see if they can arrange for a shuttle service...they used to. But that was YEARS ago (as in 6 years ago, we took a shuttle van from that hotel to the port)

340 BISCAYNE BLVD

MIAMI, FL 33132 UNITED STATES

Hotel Front Desk: 1-305-3714400

And we've never had any problems getting the taxi driver to wait while we strapped in car seats. It's the law in FL for kids to be in car seats, even in taxis...so it's not like they could say much. ;)

Hi there,

I've lived in Miami my entire life, and you will have absolutely no problem getting a taxi to the port. There are both van taxi and regular sedan taxis available most of the day. Clearly you will need one van or 2 cabs but you should be able to have the hotel request a van for you. The port is literally located just 1/2 mile or so northeast of Bayside making it a very short ride but neccessary to bring all your luggage to the appropriate dock being the port is huge and a labyrinth of sorts if you are unfamiliar with the dock locations etc. The carseat should be no problem either.

ps - While in dowtown Miami, you should definitely try to take a short cab ride over to South Beach (Miami Beach), it's a great place to walk, look at cool deco hotels, eat, shop, people watch, enjoy the view of the beach, the sunny weather etc..

Have a great trip,

KIm

I've been to Miami quite a few times over the years and we've gotten the "mini van" taxis in the past.

There are taxis waiting all over the place at that hotel. Call them and see if they can arrange for a shuttle service...they used to. But that was YEARS ago (as in 6 years ago, we took a shuttle van from that hotel to the port)

340 BISCAYNE BLVD

MIAMI, FL 33132 UNITED STATES

Hotel Front Desk: 1-305-3714400

And we've never had any problems getting the taxi driver to wait while we strapped in car seats. It's the law in FL for kids to be in car seats, even in taxis...so it's not like they could say much. ;)

Husband and I are cruising on RCL Majesty of the Seas on Jan 12th to Bahamas with our 14 month old( by that time) Not taking car seat with us when flying into MIA. What mode of transportation is available from MIA to hotel and hotel to port? Staying at the Continental- cheap cheap price on priceline- anyone with any reviews?-

First time to cruise with our toddler- Thinking of keeping him with us during day(taking w/ on visits to stops) and in room sitting at night. Scheduled for 6 pm dining--As not familiar with show schedules at night etc. What time should I reserve babysitter until??? - (any links to show schedules appreciated)

Any suggestions for activities while in Nassau, Cocoa Cay, and Key West for 13 month old (he is walking/running everywhere)

Any other suggestions comments about this adventure with our toddler will be much appreciated. has been a tough year and all of us need a true vacation.

Husband and I are cruising on RCL Majesty of the Seas on Jan 12th to Bahamas with our 14 month old( by that time) Not taking car seat with us when flying into MIA. What mode of transportation is available from MIA to hotel and hotel to port? Staying at the Continental- cheap cheap price on priceline- anyone with any reviews?-

First time to cruise with our toddler- Thinking of keeping him with us during day(taking w/ on visits to stops) and in room sitting at night. Scheduled for 6 pm dining--As not familiar with show schedules at night etc. What time should I reserve babysitter until??? - (any links to show schedules appreciated)

Any suggestions for activities while in Nassau, Cocoa Cay, and Key West for 13 month old (he is walking/running everywhere)

Any other suggestions comments about this adventure with our toddler will be much appreciated. has been a tough year and all of us need a true vacation.

I will try to answer all of your questions here but if I forget, go to my blog

http://www.cruisingwithchildren.blogspot.com I have most of the answers written out there as well.

Car seat - when you arrive in Miami, they DO ask if you have a car seat for the baby. Well, put it this way, they have asked me each time. I am sure some other can share their experiences. I know you are leaving soon, but your best option would be to take a car seat. Sorry :(

You can grab a taxi from MIA to hotel. Then hotel to port. There are taxis everywhere.

Shows will be over by 10pm. So if you plan on going to the shows, reserve the sitter until at least 10pm.

Activities for Nassau for a toddler - I wouldn't just walk around Nassau without a plan. Go to the Bahamas board here at CC and look at the different tour ideas. You could spend the day at the beach. Get a hotel day pass and relax at the beach/pool. There are a couple of hotels in Nassau that do that.

There are some walking tours you can do.

CocoCay is a beach day. There is a buffet on the beach - included in your cruise fare. So you really don't need to do anything extra there.

Key West - great place to walk around and just tour. Grab your stroller and just head out. :)

Archived