Promenade deck circumfrence

RoupMom

I tried finding this through the "search" function, but didn't have success (probably due to my ineptness, not the search function). How many laps of the Promenade Deck equal 1 mile? We know we've seen the factoid somewhere, but we can't retrieve it. To me this deck is one of the outstanding features of HAL

Thanks in advance.

Just got off the Westerdam, a vista class ship, this past Sunday AM. It is three laps and a very nice three laps at that. One interesting thing we discovered, it seems like most of the people were walking, running and jogging in the same direction. Is there some memo I did not get about that?

One interesting thing we discovered, it seems like most of the people were walking, running and jogging in the same direction. Is there some memo I did not get about that?

It's customary that those doing purposeful walking on Lower Promenade Deck (Promenade on Vistas and E-dam) walk counter-clockwise. That prevents the "swimming upstream" effect that happens when someone goes in the opposite direction. Keeps traffic moving much smoother that way.

As I understand,you are not allowed to run or jog on the promnade deck,dont know about the sport deck.I like to jog?

There's no jogging on Lower Promenade on the S- and R-class ships. There is a jogging track on Sports Deck.

I believe jogging is allowed on the Promenade Deck on the E-dam and Vista ships.

Just got off the Westerdam, a vista class ship, this past Sunday AM. It is three laps and a very nice three laps at that. One interesting thing we discovered, it seems like most of the people were walking, running and jogging in the same direction. Is there some memo I did not get about that?

That's the Coriolis effect. However if you do a Southern Hemisphere cruise they will walk in the opposite direction.

The convention when lapping the deck is to go in a counterclock direction. Also, as others pointed out, running or jogging is generally limited to the sports deck.

Padraic

Archived