What does everyone think? Too cheesy??

kiraryker

My son is going to meet his little sister for the first time on his 21st birthday. I am going to get them "I am the BIG Brother" and "I am the little Sister" shirts. She will be 18 then. That is cheesy but I like it. Thought about getting his Dad a shirt that said "New Dad" since this will be their first meeting too. Decided not to get the Dad shirt.

Lots of groups wear shirts, I think it is cool.

As others have said, you know your family best.

My family and I do something similar. I am one of 5 kids (ages 25-42) and every year our Mom gets us a T-shirt with a saying like "I'm Mom's Favorite" or "Mom Likes me Best." At the same time our Mom wears various t-shirts like "Ask not what your mother can do for you, but what you can do for your mother." These are the T-shirts that we wear when we cruise together. Everyone participates and it is amazing how quickly we are recognized (by crew & passengers) whether we are wearing the T-shirts or not. It's a great ice breaker.

It is a great memory and we all have a fun time. :D

In October we had 15 family members celebrating my dad's 95th birthday. The shirts all had our own names plus on the back they said Pop Pop's posse. My dad wore one that said Pop Pop. He got quite a kick out of it as did the great grands.

It was a lot of fun for all of us and if it's cheesy, sorry. He had the best cruise and we all enjoyed it too. Go for it.

We are going on a cruise in March with my dad's family and my sisters family and I thought it would be fun to all wear matching t-shirts the first day of the cruise. This is our 2nd cruise but a first for all of them.

I haven't mentioned it to any of them as I was going to surprise them with the shirts but now I'm second guessing it if would be too dumb.

I was going to put a family slogan on them.

Just my opinion it is a little cheesey but on the other side you will never see these people again! ROCK IT!!! :D

It's kinda like the Griswalds if ya know what I mean.

That's too funny - not sure if I should admit it but that is what our friends/family call us - The Griswalds!!!! haven't figured it out yet why because I've seen the movie but the nickname kinda stuck and it's been quite a few years now.

Our group of about 30 wore matching shirts on our first day. We loved it. It was also good for the newbies in our group. Easy to spot them. The more you do as a group, the more connected you will feel.

The door decorations were so much fun. We also planned ahead and "added to" each others' doors during the cruise.

Every year for the last 4 all my sibling and their spouses take a cruise together. And YES!! we always were the same shirt the first and last day of the cruise. It is fun and we always get pick to play family fued, I have several ships on a stick!!! :). There are days throughout the cruise when my hubby and BIL were matching fun shirts, we all call them Frick and Frack!!! It's your vacation, have a ball, do all the fun stuff you can think of, you'll probably make other cruisers smile and isn't that what it is all about!

We are going on a cruise in March with my dad's family and my sisters family and I thought it would be fun to all wear matching t-shirts the first day of the cruise. This is our 2nd cruise but a first for all of them.

I haven't mentioned it to any of them as I was going to surprise them with the shirts but now I'm second guessing it if would be too dumb.

I was going to put a family slogan on them.

I think this is a great idea! Have fun!:)

[quote name='kiraryker']We are going on a cruise in March with my dad's family and my sisters family and I thought it would be fun to all wear matching t-shirts the first day of the cruise. This is our 2nd cruise but a first for all of them.

I was going to put a family slogan on them.[/quote]

I say GO FOR IT! :D And if you have a family slogan that's very cool. If you can find a local vendor could you get them done and put them out in the Holiday Stockings? (That is if you have them) Or maybe Valentine's Day? If your not all arriving at the termial at the same time it's a great way to locate each other on deck. ;) And I'd bet your not the only Group wearing matching t-shirts when boarding. Do it have fun plus what a great family photo op. :)

I like the idea. I am going on a girls cruise in April and we are planning to make shirts for the 7 of us. We've already got them designed too. I'm looking forward to wearing them on the first day and having our embarkation photo taken in them. Plus it lets other passengers know who you are with. I just think it's fun. I'll wear the shirt again maybe just to the gym but it will remind me of my awesome vacation when I do wear it. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Cheesy? Yes.

Would I do it? You Bet. DH and I had matching shirts last year for our anniversary cruise. And he rolled his eyes when he saw then and ended up wearing it twice and showing them off to others.

But then I'm all about cheesy. :D

You never know, if they think it's cheesy on land, they might change their minds at sea. Your on a cruise, it's a whole different mind set.

My last CC group all wore leis the first day, DH thought it was dumb at first but later enjoyed it, said it lent to the Vacation Feeling :)

I say Surprise them, I bet they go for it!!!

Have a Wonderful Cruise!!!:D

Archived