Sand toys for the kids?

ShedQueen77

My girls love to dig in the sand, build castles, and whatnot. I noticed Carnival has a little package of toys, but it says it's for a 'toddler' (my girls are almost 7 and 5) and they want $25 for the package :eek:, so I'm thinking of bringing some toys along.

What do you other parents of sand crazy kids do in regards to the shovels and pails?

Thanks!

Just pack them! You can stuff socks, underwear, bathing suits, etc... into them, so it's not "wasted space"!

And, with kids that young, you'll be surprised how few toys they'll need to be happy at the beach! A stick makes a great digging tool, big 'ole leaves make roofs for castles, shells, rocks....their imagination can make toys out of anything!

What about grabbing some when you arrive in Florida? Are you going a day early for the cruise?

I'm so glad there is someone out there that can think for me, because my brain is shot these days! lol Never even thought of that. We'll be in Tampa a day early. I'll ask at the hotel desk and see if they can direct us to a store. DUH!! :o Thanks, Michele! :)

I'm so glad there is someone out there that can think for me, because my brain is shot these days! lol Never even thought of that. We'll be in Tampa a day early. I'll ask at the hotel desk and see if they can direct us to a store. DUH!! :o Thanks, Michele! :)

LOL! I'm glad my brain works for you, it's not working for ME. :D

Good luck! I am betting you will have an easier time finding some in Tampa than in Iowa. ;)

Archived