No 2010 fall ta for Jewel?

kanitter

I am really disappointed!!:( My dh and I, and some other family members wanted to do a ta on the jewel in the fall of 2010. Just checked the schedule and it looks like ncl is NOT going to do that trip in 2010. We wanted to do that trip for our 30th anniversary. We had checked out all the ships for that time period and it looked like ncl had the best itinerary, based on 2008 and 2009. Now what do we do? We really liked the idea of the freestyle dining, and that way I wouldn't have to fight to get the guys to wear suits for dinner. They don't mind dressing nice, but they were dragging their feet about the suits. And before anyone says anything, No, we're not a bunch of hoosiers, the guys just don't like wearing suits while on vacation. So could anyone out there maybe recommend another line that may be similar. All help would be appreciated!

Sue

Cruizinwithkids, so do you think there is still a chance that ncl might still do a ta in the fall of 2010? That would be great!!:DI didn't know that they didn't put out the schedules all at once. As you can see from the number of postings, I'm really new here. Thanks for the info, I'll keep looking.:D BTW on the first post when I said we weren't hoosiers, I didn't mean to sound nasty. I just know how so many people get flamed in here because of not wanting to have to dress formally.

Welcome to CC! You won't have to worry about getting flamed for not wanting to wear suits on the NCL boards! That's what freestyle is all about.

Resort casual is acceptable anytime, anywhere but if you feel like spiffing up that's perfectly fine, too. On a longer cruise you will have a few "Dress up or not" nights.

Not sure about your repo question. We love repos and we really enjoyed our 3x on the Jewel! So I hope you can find what you want.

We are also thinking of a repo for our 25th next year but on a different ship at a different time. So keep your eye out for good deals!

Perhaps not that ship but NCL will have a TA in 2010. You know there will still be a ship that does the baltics that will repo to the caribbean every year.

I do not think any of the lines, except Disney, have posted their fall 2010 transatlantic repos. Usually the schedules come out around March to June for all the lines.

as others have said, it is a little early for TA or any repos almost 2 years away to be posted. By the way, if you are talking the northern Atlantic, NCL is one of the few lines that do that itinerary and I highly recommend it. I would relax and not even think much about this until maybe, next spring.

NCL is the only line that offers strictly casual all nights, but many lines have modified the term "fomal". YOu will see some men dressed casual even on formal nights just not a lot of them.

Nita

To all you gals that answered my post, Thanks:D I feel alot better now. I thought for sure we were just out of luck. As you said, Nita, there aren't very many lines that do the northern ta. And that's what we are interested in. So I guess I can relax for a while and wait for those schedules. The only reason I'm trying to catch it when it first comes out, is that I want to book an aft ph. I know there are only a few and they go fast. So thanks again for all your answers.:D:D

We were on the Constellation in Sept. 2007. Now we did not do Greenland and Iceland-we crossed the ocean in 3 sea days from Ireland to Newfoundland. This cruise ws 12 nights. RCI Jewel of the Seas does a similiar ittenary. Princess does have a 19 day that goes to Greenalnd, Iceland, and Scotland. We would have loved to do that ittenary but the 19 day was three times the price of our 12 day. (besides hubby could not be away from work that long) We paid $1199 a person for a mid ship balcony on deck 6. Princess wanted $3500 per person.

So you do have several choices.

One thing my hubby enjoyed about the Connie was the on board lecturers. One told us about oceanliners-(including the Titanic LOL!) and the other was a retired photographer who had worked for NASA-so his was all about space pictures. We were never bored sea days! We were also provided with some afternoon concerts by a classical pianist in the show lounge on sea days. My hubby felt that Celebrity went out of their way to keep us form geting bored.

Does NCL do lecturers on sea days?

Azamara has a transatlantic in April of 2010. Even though they're a luxury line prices for this cruise start at $1499.

A nice bonus with Azamara is that their dress policy is resort casual with no formal nights. And on all Azamara ships they limit smoking to 2 areas of the ship. No smoking in staterooms, balconies or the pool deck.:):)

As others have said, the TAs, and other repositioning cruises, are usually the last to be posted and NCL have posted their main summer 2010 schedules much earlier than usual.

For an indication of when the TAs will be, look at the last date of the published sailings and assume that the Jewel and the Gem will be returning to the US after that last European sailing. If you keep checking CC and NCL's website you will catch the TA just after it is posted. The aft PHs are very popular but I would be very surprised if they sell out within a few days of the cruise becoming available.

Archived