Rhapsody in Brisbane today 11/12/2008

matmar

Hi all

How depressing the Rhapsody of the Seas and the Sun Princess in Brisbane on the same day and not being able to board either one:(

Here are some pics I took today along with some pics of flights leaving Brisbane........from the airport

Great pics Matmar, thanks.

She sure is much smaller than Diamond Princess. We got down to the Grain Terminal about 5.30pm but unfortunately she was moored downstream on the wharf so photo opportunities were not that good. I might add that the storm was approaching and the rain had commenced so we hightailed it out of there at about 5.50pm.

For the first time we were the only two people there which surprised me. Yesterday was about 20 at least. There didnt appear to be any cars on the other side of the river either.

I agree Karen, Rhapsody looks like a ship where Diamond Princess look like floating apartments.:p

I think of them like people - best judged by what is on the inside. Sun Princess has a great heart, and I hope we will find similar experiences on both Rhapsody and Diamond Princess over the 13 months.

I think of them like people - best judged by what is on the inside.

That is true, Geoff. But it's not the look of them that makes me want to cruise on ROS rather than the Diamond. It's the size. Those big 100,000+ tonners just don't appeal to me. Having said that, if someone was going to give me a cruise on one, I wouldn't knock it back:p

the Rhapsody is the sports model.......................we are off to the airport and cruise tomorrow so all thats left for me to say is

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..

Have a great trip :).

That is true, Geoff. But it's not the look of them that makes me want to cruise on ROS rather than the Diamond. It's the size. Those big 100,000+ tonners just don't appeal to me. Having said that, if someone was going to give me a cruise on one, I wouldn't knock it back:p

Hi Karen,

For us, bigger ship offers more choices of how to spend your time aboard. There has been lots of discussion about the lack of anytime dining on SP/DP, and that this is a flexible early/late sitting on PD. Diamond Princess has one fixed dining room and four anytime dining rooms that allow for walkup dining like you would for breakfast or lunch.

For the right cruise, we are happy to try out quite a few. The smaller Pacific Princess types, one of the HAL Dams and even QM2 or Oasis. The itinerary and timing are the first things we are looking at though. Diamond has the itinerary we want at the time we can cruise at the end of next year.

The ship with the most appeal for our next booking?

Pacific ??? (OV1) - if she cruises from Newcastle. Hopefully some good news to come with this late next year.

Have a great cruise Shiona!!!

Hi Karen,

For us, bigger ship offers more choices of how to spend your time aboard.

Not always the case though. I know someone who has cruised on Pacific Sun & Sapphire Princess and said there was heaps more to do on PS.

Not always the case though. I know someone who has cruised on Pacific Sun & Sapphire Princess and said there was heaps more to do on PS.

I have asked another who had the opposite experience with the same ships.

Viva la difference!:)

Archived