Need halp on cabin assignment on AOS

mamlewis

Please can you help on making a cabins assignment on AOS. What is so special about the cabins on the aft of the ship. I have the opputnity of taking a JS on either Deck 7or 8. The JS are 6692,6694, 6394 or 7692, 7694, 7394, 7392. I know people are always talking about these cabins but what are the pros and cons. Thanks

The pros of AFT cabins are a much deeper balcony than you will get on the side of the ship. The con, not much wind/air back there! It can get to hot to enjoy the balcony when the sun is beating down on it. There is also a long walk, if you tend to run back and forth to your cabin during the day.

The cabins themselves are the same, whether it's on the aft or the side--it's just the balcony that is different.

Please can you help on making a cabins assignment on AOS. What is so special about the cabins on the aft of the ship. I have the opputnity of taking a JS on either Deck 7or 8. The JS are 6692,6694, 6394 or 7692, 7694, 7394, 7392. I know people are always talking about these cabins but what are the pros and cons. Thanks

I have sailed in JS 1694 on the aft of the AOS. There are lots of folks who swear by the aft, but I am not one of them. Yes, the balcony is much bigger for aft cabins (especially JS's), but you should also know that the lower the deck, the more "grey" space you will have between your balcony and a view of the water. The aft JS on deck 10 was very nice, but I just couldn't get past having to look through metal to see the ocean :( All Voyager class ships have a "super structure" at the aft - the Radiance class ships do not and I would sail in an aft cabin on any one of them in a heartbeat :)

Your choices seem to be all on deck 6 or 7 - and these are the cabins that have the most "obstructed" views......just keep that in mind when making your decision.

thanks for everyone's reply. I think i will end up choosing a balcony somewhere midship so at least it wont be that much of a walk and you get to look down and see the ocean and you feel you are closer to it. Plus the wife is pregnant when we go and i don't think she would appreciate the long walk.

thanks for everyone's reply. I think i will end up choosing a balcony somewhere midship so at least it wont be that much of a walk and you get to look down and see the ocean and you feel you are closer to it. Plus the wife is pregnant when we go and i don't think she would appreciate the long walk.

I think you made a good decision. I did not care for our aft balcony. The view was obstructed by the beams across the back of the ship (to us, it was like overlooking a construction zone) and the "gray area" that leads down to the water. And, there is no crossbreeze, so the balcony gets brutally hot. We felt that it was no advantage to having a larger balcony that we too hot to use, and had a view that wasn't as pretty, when compared to a side balcony. I know a lot of people like these cabins, but for the life of me, I can't imagine why.

We had a corner aft on deck 9 on the Mariner... I would never book an aft on a Voyager ship again... just not worth the looooong walk to us.. we had a cabin near the hump on AOS deck 9...LOVED the location..so on the larger ships I am going to stick to the center...

Archived