West Jet sale 2009 - Great for Cdns!

KAWS

Book now until December 22 for any flight leaving from Jan. 1 to - Oct. 31/09 and you'll see some tremendous sales.

I just booked from Toronto to FLL on October 10 - 17 and with all taxes in it was $390!!! That is the lowest price I've seen from Toronto in a very long time. It was so attractive to me that I am now on my way to contact RCCL and switch my Nov. 09 cruise over to October and I won't have to fly out of Buffalo. That's a big coup for me!

I don't mind driving (weather permitting) to get a flight out of Buffalo, but when I am coming home....I just wanna get there!

Air Canada also has a seat sale on right now for travel next year.

Thought I was so clever.......could have picked up the same flights on AC for $312 each and we could have flown on the EXACT day we wanted instead of having to go in two days ahead.

I guess I got so excited to see a tremendous seat sale I never even gave AC a thought. Live and learn.

I was also looking at the Air Canada seat sale. I am eyeing a NCL cruise of the Med. departing in October (for $799!!) but the site wouldn't let me even see October / November dates! I tried everything I could think of. Were you trying to book international?

The Air Canada site shows right up to the end of November 2009. West Jet only shows to the end of October 2009.

Check both though because there could be a pretty big difference from one to another. And don't forget to collect your aeroplan points if you use AC.

bjb -- think the sale that's on right now reflect North America destinations only and it is pretty good!

Wish I was heading on the Oasis next October instead of 2010 'cause the price for the airfare (AC - Ottawa) is $287.12!!!!

But did book my air for my Alaska cruise next May -- debated on holding off and hoping the fare comes down more -- but a gambler I'm not:)

I fly often. I find that Westjet is not always the cheapest. In fact, for the routes I frequent, I find that Air Canada is often less expensive. You really have to check. To give you an indication of flight costs from west, when we lived in Vancouver we would normally fly from Seatle-FLL for $300. US return. Fare from Vancouver was normally about $750.

I booked AC Toronto to FLL in April. One way was $98 Cdn plus the usual taxes etc., which made it about $160. This was by far the best rate.

I often use Buffalo if I am round tripping as the cost of parking is inexpensive, but this was one way as we are going on a TA. The cost of renting a car one way to Buffalo, plus the exchange on the dollar made this choice not to our advantage.

If you are going south for two or three weeks, one idea is to find a hotel in the area (there are lots) which has a park and fly plan. Buy one night's stay, which can be before or after the trip, and they will toss in free parking, and a free shuttle to the airport. For two weeks, its a lot cheaper than parking at the airport.

Archived