Final Payment

patt5

We recently booked our 1st cruise, the Miracle (7/10) and wanted to know if there is any added benefit in paying the cruise off in full or waiting until the final payment is due.

I would rather pay it off up front and not have to worry about it.

[quote name='patt5'][font=Arial][size=3]We recently booked our 1st cruise, the Miracle (7/10) and wanted to know if there is any added benefit in paying the cruise off in full or waiting until the final payment is due. [/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][font=Arial]I would rather pay it off up front and not have to worry about it.[/font] [/font][/QUOTE] Absolutely *none* whatsoever.

Why should CCL have the benefit of the use of *your* money before you are required to give it to them? :confused:

If you pay off your cruise and decide to cancel it could take up to 2 billing periods to gt all your money back. Also- if prices comes down you have more leverage in getting a refund.

I paid for my cruise in full a whole year ahead thinking it gives me abetter chance of getting upgraded-- it didnt work.

I agree why let Carnival have your money for all those months. Keep it and collect a little interest anyway. Also, it is true with the price decreases too. I have gotten one price adjustment already that enabled me to go to a balcony guarantee from an oceanview. Or could have had the credit. Also, as for the insurance, we take it out. But not Carnivals, our TA has us go through Travelex, and we take the TraveLite protection. Anyone can get it. Here is their link to check them out. It was half the cost of Carnivals for us. [url="https://www.travelex-insurance.com/Consumer/Welcome.htmx"][color=#800080]Purchase Travel Insurance Online[/color][/url]

Archived