Favorite Anytime Dining Waiter on Emerald?

Seapixie

We just got off the Emerald and ate in anytime dining, we switched back and forth between the Davinci and Michelangelo basically every night.

Sandra and her sidekick (sorry I forgot his name) were friendly and very good , as well as Leo and Karlo were also very good and probably our favorites. To be honest I wouldn't bother to be too hung up on one or two waiters, they were all typically friendly amicable accurate with our orders etc.

We just got off the Emerald and ate in anytime dining, we switched back and forth between the Davinci and Michelangelo basically every night.

Sandra and her sidekick (sorry I forgot his name) were friendly and very good , as well as Leo and Karlo were also very good and probably our favorites. To be honest I wouldn't bother to be too hung up on one or two waiters, they were all typically friendly amicable accurate with our orders etc.

Thanks for the recommendations, Jeff_R. We have had a lot of really good over-the-top waiters on cruises but, then we've had a couple of just okay, got the job done ones. as well. Friendly, amicable and accurate are nice qualities, to be sure, but I know from experience that there are waiters who offer far more than that. Since we are leisurely diners and like to make dinner a good part of our evening I thought I'd ask for a recommendation from anyone whose wait staff was in the really good over-the-top category. :) Anyone out there who had a stellar dining experience on the Emerald? This would be in Michangelo & Davinci, aside from Sabatini's, and the Crown Grill. Not that we aren't considering eating at Sabatini's every night!! :):)

Thanks again.

Yeah, none that we had were "over the top", not sure what you mean by that, lol.

The ones we had gave us good advice on the best dishes, brought extra desserts they thought we might like to try etc., we weren't making lifelong connections with them or anything but they were excellent waitstaff.

If he is still on board the Emerald, Frederico from the Phillipines is one of the best ever! He truly makes your dinner an event you look forward to all day! We were on 3 cruises on the Emerald and we were very happy to see him on each cruise!

Just finished a back to back on the Emerald. We thought Rodolfo in the Michaelangelo dining room was very good. We discovered him on the second night, then specifically requested his section. Others must have thought he was good too because we kept seeing the same diners who requested the same.

We were on The Emerald in October and had outstanding service from Marcello and his female assistant( both from the Phillippines. They are located in the port aft section of the Michelangelo Dining Room. It was a very quiet section. We usually dined 8-8:30PM. After the first night or two Marcello had " our routine " down pat and knew we were in no rush and that our evening dinner was a very special part of the enjoyment of sailing. We enjoyed their service so much we even canceled our specialty dining reservations and stayed with them. The Head Waiter at this time was Conrad and he as well made every attempt to seat us with Marcello. These 3 crew members were really the highlight of our trip. Hope you meet up with them. Enjoy your cruise and Happy Holiday. Louden

Thank you so much louden, ell52 & flycess!! That's exactly what I was looking for! I'm aware that some waiters change assignments and some may no longer be on contract but surely one of your suggestions will be available when we set sail next week!

Dinner is a focal point of our evening when we cruise and it isn't acceptable to just "find a seat and eat". I mean, given the choice, why just settle for mediocre when you can specifically request someone who has already provided excellent service for someone else? Some waiters know how to make dinner an event and that is the waiter we're trying to find. Your help in that quest is truly appreciated!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :)

Mj ~

Archived