Review: Norwegian Sky ~ 12/8-12/12

Dogstar

Just a quick question...are there 2 show performances per night, or only one?

Dukegirl5577, there were two scheduled show performances on two evenings & one performance on each of the other two evenings.

Was the SKY nicely decorated for Christmas?

Adkmom, no decorations throughout the ship during our voyage. Perhaps they were waiting until a bit closer to the big date? There was, however, a tall Christmas tree & some decorations alongside the Atrium lobby staircases which they were using for the obligatory "professional" photo ops (aka $$$).

Great pictures!!!

I was thinking today....we have a balcony cabin on the right side of the ship (can't remember the proper name for that).....is this the side that we'll be seeing the port and islands when we pull in? Or will we be facing the opposite side and just see water, etc.?

Thanks!

we have a balcony cabin on the right side of the ship (can't remember the proper name for that).....is this the side that we'll be seeing the port and islands when we pull in? Or will we be facing the opposite side and just see water, etc.?

gkrnjlr, we approached the islands straight on so neither side got better views than the other. On the other hand, entering the harbours & docking in both Freeport & Nassau on our cruise had the starboard (right) side of the ship facing inland; port (left) faced towards the ocean.

Mind you, our aft cabin had great view of the islands when we departed. ;)

Great review! Have to agree about Freeport. You really won't miss much if you decide to stay on the ship. Very industrial and not suitable for a cruise port. It is a shame that NCL's 4 nighters don't go to Cozumel and Key West anymore. Much better ports, but I understand that fuel costs and the pressure to go to nearby ports were greater a few months ago when the Sky was transplanted to Florida. I can only hope that with the lower oil prices we are seeing now, that NCL will look at going back to a more acceptable itinerary.

gkrnjlr, we approached the islands straight on so neither side got better views than the other. On the other hand, entering the harbours & docking in both Freeport & Nassau on our cruise had the starboard (right) side of the ship facing inland; port (left) faced towards the ocean.

Mind you, our aft cabin had great view of the islands when we departed. ;)

Oh wow, I bet it did.

Got'cha - approached them straight on. Thanks for the info.

Great review! Have to agree about Freeport. You really won't miss much if you decide to stay on the ship. Very industrial and not suitable for a cruise port. It is a shame that NCL's 4 nighters don't go to Cozumel and Key West anymore. Much better ports, but I understand that fuel costs and the pressure to go to nearby ports were greater a few months ago when the Sky was transplanted to Florida. I can only hope that with the lower oil prices we are seeing now, that NCL will look at going back to a more acceptable itinerary.

I agree. I would love to see the Key West/Cozumel itinerary instead of the Bahamas.

Archived