Question for Solstice returnees

Peteymil

How has the dress code been followed on the Solstice during the smart casual and above nights. Since the Celebrity website just says "pants" for men, and there is no mention of (non-ripped or torn) jeans, have you seen more men wearing jeans? I am not asking for opinions here, because I know we will end up off on tangents, I would like more of a factual response. Thank you very much!

How has the dress code been followed on the Solstice during the smart casual and above nights. Since the Celebrity website just says "pants" for men, and there is no mention of (non-ripped or torn) jeans, have you seen more men wearing jeans? I am not asking for opinions here, because I know we will end up off on tangents, I would like more of a factual response. Thank you very much!

I was annoyed that =X= chose to drop the 'and above' from the daily program's description of the evening dress code. So it just reads 'smart casual'. I mentioned this omission on my comment card.

Yes, there were jeans in the dining rooms which for us contributed to a lessened ambiance. What I found interesting is that we were turned away from elegant afternoon tea because I was wearing dress shorts. (I changed into something more appopriate and returned.) But somehow they considered jeans appropriate in the dining room for the evening meal. Go figure.

On the other hand most people dressed appropriately, with some wearing jackets (including me) as well as a few ties.

Just got back from Solstice today. The first day we were a little suprised the first night, many people were wearing their clothes that looked like they've been wearing all day, reminded me a little bit of what I had heard people on Carnival wear ALL week and got a little freaked out if we had packed too formal. I had dress shirt and slacks wife had simple top and skirt and we felt somewhat out of place. That definatly changed for the rest of the week as you saw the dress code change and people dressing appropiatley(Obviously finally unpacked). The last night was the same. Dress type jeans or "no hole jeans" I felt are ABSOLUTLEY APPROPRIATE first night and last night. The others nights dress up a bit.

Throughout the cruise though, most dress casual nights you had the men wearing dress shirt and slacks and possibly a jacket, women in nice pant suits or simple pants and tops. Imagine what you would wear if you were going out to a nice birthday party or anniversary party with some friends at a nice restaurant. Hope this helps.

There were some men in jeans. There were a couple who paired their jeans with a blazer and they looked great (the designer jeans look, like the ones you see in fashion magazines). Others in jeans looked a little sloppier.

However, I would argue that there were a lot who weren't wearing jeans that looked sloppy anyway. I think it's mostly HOW you wear something, not as much as WHAT you wear.

DH and I were also on the 12/7 sailing and had second seating for dinner. I also found that the majority of people onboard were dressed smart casual or better. It was also so nice to see everyone staying dressed on formal evenings. I also agree that the ship was so absolutely breathtaking that people just dressed up to compliment her beauty.

Can't wait to be back on board 4/12 :)

DH and I were also on the 12/7 sailing and had second seating for dinner. I also found that the majority of people onboard were dressed smart casual or better. It was also so nice to see everyone staying dressed on formal evenings. I also agree that the ship was so absolutely breathtaking that people just dressed up to compliment her beauty.

Can't wait to be back on board 4/12 :)

I am also just back from the 12/7 sailing of the Solstice. It was lovely to see that the majority of the people were dressed well. I saw on smart casual evenings, a number of men in jackets and women in dresses. On formal night, while there were fewer men in tux's, most were in suits.

There was an elegant atmosphere on board. I have to agree that the smart, elegance of the ship seems to have been reflected in how people dressed.:)

Archived