Coffee card/soda card - help please!

jane02

We are about to leave on the Grand Princess for our Carribean cruise. We are taking 3 kids this time around. I have never purchased a soda card before as i don't drink the stuff but all 3 kids (teens) do. How does this work? Does soda mean coke, pepsi etc?

I love my coffee but always found shipboard coffee terrible. According to these boards, things may have improved. I love my latte and my DH loves a cappacino. Can you use the coffee card anytime/place onboard? Is the coffee really OK.

Thanks

We are about to leave on the Grand Princess for our Carribean cruise. We are taking 3 kids this time around. I have never purchased a soda card before as i don't drink the stuff but all 3 kids (teens) do. How does this work? Does soda mean coke, pepsi etc?

I love my coffee but always found shipboard coffee terrible. According to these boards, things may have improved. I love my latte and my DH loves a cappacino. Can you use the coffee card anytime/place onboard? Is the coffee really OK.

Thanks

the soda card (coke products) is actually a sticker on your cruise card....you will need to buy one for each child and it will allow them unlimited sode (fountain only, not cans) for the duration of the cruise. The cost per person will be $4.25 X the number of days of the cruise, plus 15% gratuity.

You can buy a coffee card from locations that serve fresh brewed and specialty coffee...it will permit unlimited fresh brewed and 15 specialty coffees.

Jane, as well as at the Lobby Bar on Deck 5 (which is where you get the coffee card/specialty coffees on the Grand ), you can also use the coffee card in the dining room at mealtime. And maybe also at one of the bars up on Lido Deck -- I think I recall getting a mocha from one of them up there but I'm not positive. Have a great cruise!!

The good thing about the coffee card is you can use it on multiple cruises. The bad news is the premium coffee drinks which you can purchase with it are average at best.

Also, on this last cruise I was on over Thanksgiving, I found that the wait persons in the coffee bar areas tended to not wait on me once they became aware I had the coffee card becuase it meant no tip would be charged on the order. I mostly ordered from the barkeep.

Archived