Lodging in Jacksonville for cruise

mstraceyag

My friend and I went on the Fascination in September and we stayed at Best Western Jacksonville Airport. They have a free airport shuttle and they have a shuttle to the mall near the hotel. They have a rate which includes the shuttle to the pier. Nice hotel and very nice personnel

:confused: Hey all,

My daughter, friend and her daughter and myself plan on cruising in April on the Fasination but want to fly in the day before from Boston. We would like to say close to the port but not spend a lot of money...any suggestions?

The best is the Holiday Inn Express. 904-696-3333. Its about 1 mile from the port. Call and tell them you are going on the ship. The will give you a better price. It fills up fast so call early. Its a real nice place, I always stay there when I cruise out of Jax port

i live in jax. very close to the port.. there is a hampton in litterally across the street from the entrance of the port. its in the 32218 zip code. and its on the same side of town as the airport. or you could stay at any of the hotels near the airport because its also so close to the port.

If you're arriving late in the evening, book something close to the airport. If you're arriving early in the day, Jacksonville Landing is a lovely way to spend the evening! It's not too far from the port, has restaurants and shopping....and entertainment in the warmer months! But, if you don't get there before 5 pm, it's not worth the expense.

The hotel across from the landing in Jax is the Omni Hotel (expensive!). I wouldn't suggest staying downtown though. I've lived in Jax 20 yrs and unless you want to remain downtown I wouldn't stay there.

There is some hotels near the airport and one near the port that a previous poster mentioned. There are also some off 9A too.

I am going on the Fascination January and I booked the Omni for about $75 a night using priceline... very good deal, but you gotta know how to use priceline or you could end up with some other hotel far from where you need to be.

You do know the Omni is downtown? You'll need some form of transportation to the port.

The holiday Inn express is the closest hotel to the cruise ship terminals unless they have recently built a new one. There is a wendys and subway within walking distance, a fabulous hot continental breakfast and a nice new hotel, Id reccommend this hotel, I think its on New Buerlin Road.

The holiday Inn express is the closest hotel to the cruise ship terminals unless they have recently built a new one. There is a wendys and subway within walking distance, a fabulous hot continental breakfast and a nice new hotel, Id reccommend this hotel, I think its on New Buerlin Road.

Thats the one I know of

Archived