Tell me about Liberty of the Seas aft cabin (1404).

OnTheBrink

I just got the info on our cabin for our cruise in March/April. We are in 1404. It's me, my husband, and our two kids who will be 8 and 4.5 at the time.

There's a sleeper sofa, right? Can we request that it be made up each evening while we are at dinner and such? If we do that, will there be room to move around and get ready for bed? Is there anyway to separate the two beds (sofa and queen) so that my husband and I can stay up later than the kids? Maybe a curtain? Are there separate lights?

How about storage for clothes and such?

What about the balcony? Is it a decent size?

Anything anyone can share would be great!

The balcony is really, really deep-- you'll enjoy it, if it's not too hot out! (No breeze back there!)

Your room attendant will re-do the room every day---you won't actually have to "request" it. They just do it! When you return from dinner, the room will be ready for you to retire--you and hubby can sit on the balcony while the kids drift off....there are lights everywhere---turn them on or off at will.

There's lots of storage--and you can keep your luggage stuffed under the beds.

You'll have a fabulous time! Enjoy!

If you can wait one month, I'll have pictures. :D

I have Aft JS 1406 which is right next door to your 1404. But I will be on Indy, not Liberty. But the only difference will be bed accent colors. ;)

To stay up later than the kids, then just walk outside. It's the beauty of having a balcony. :) That AFT balcony is deeper. You should have a lounge chair on it.

I will take pictures of the balcony next to ours. Then post them for you. Let's hope no one is sitting on it when I start taking pics...lol. :p

As far as the couch/bed...don't worry about it, the cabin attendant will make it up for you.

I think there is a curtain too that you can close off the beds. But you shouldn't need it. Just walk outside. :)

• 5 weeks later...
If you can wait one month, I'll have pictures. :D

I have Aft JS 1406 which is right next door to your 1404. But I will be on Indy, not Liberty. But the only difference will be bed accent colors. ;)

To stay up later than the kids, then just walk outside. It's the beauty of having a balcony. :) That AFT balcony is deeper. You should have a lounge chair on it.

I will take pictures of the balcony next to ours. Then post them for you. Let's hope no one is sitting on it when I start taking pics...lol. :p

As far as the couch/bed...don't worry about it, the cabin attendant will make it up for you.

I think there is a curtain too that you can close off the beds. But you shouldn't need it. Just walk outside. :)

Would appreciate it if you will let me know if you had any problems with noise from the adjoining balcony room....I have 1406 on the Liberty and am wondering if I should change since it has an adjoining room. Thanks!!

Would appreciate it if you will let me know if you had any problems with noise from the adjoining balcony room....I have 1406 on the Liberty and am wondering if I should change since it has an adjoining room. Thanks!!

Not a problem. :D I will have a full review with pics posted as soon as I get back.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Michelle, was your balcony super hot with no breeze? I've heard that and want to check.

Mary

Nope not at all. The Windjammer is right above those cabins. So we didn't have a huge amount of sun on our balcony, we were covered. Now the ones on the lower decks, many of them were in full sun.

Here is my review from our trip. It was on Indy. But you can see what 1406 (next door) looked liked.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=923729

Archived