Where is your Royal Caribbean Cruise Director? - Through March 2009

LauraS

Voyager of the Seas

-ERIC DOWIS departed VY today (Sunday, March 22, 2009) for an undetermined leave.

Mike Szwajkowski will take over for the time being.

For all of us who enjoy Eric's wit and humor please let RCI know that we would like Eric back!

It's very important that RCI hears from Eric's fans and supporters!

Eric has a personal issue to deal with and RCI has the option to continue his employment after the issue is dealt with or not. As far as I am concerned the "or not" should not even be on the table. I've dealt with this type situation before in my career and hopefully RCI will deal with Eric with the same Integrity and Compassion that they deal with most issues. I'm going to take this post to the RCI board so everyone who loves Eric as much as Marilyn and I do can post their support. Please let RCI know how much you support Eric during this very important time.

On the other side of this situation is Mike. He is a great CD and an even better person and friend of Eric. You could not ask for a better "stand in" and I'm so glad that he rather than almost anyone else on the line up was available to cover for Eric. My opinion is that if you like Eric you will like Mike but not necessarily for the same reasons.... except he is also very approachable and down to earth.

Anyway, keep those cards and letters in support of Eric comming. RCI needs to know how much we appreciate Eric and all that he does to make each cruise special. Eric always delievers the WoW! He is the poster CD for the Gold standard. Can you tell I'm a cheerleader? but it isn't bragging if it's true!

wow that is too bad. just sailed with him the beginning of the month & he was very personable. we did not go to any shows or activities, but met him several nights in the CL. thanks fo rthe heads up

I've never heard of Mike Szwajkowski. I hope everything is OK with Eric:confused:

Mike S. is great. He's my favorite CD (so far). We had him on the AOS last year and he is a huge Boston Red Sox fan. Whenever he would see my husband with a NY Yankee shirt or anyone with anything Yankee for that matter, he would make a sarcastic but funny comment. The Quest was great with him. If he knew there were "cheaters" in the crowd, he would mix things up right there.

He is a great CD. He's one of my top 2 favorites. Lot's of energy and you will see him all over the ship. He sings a lot in the Schooner bar.
It would be tough to select between Richard Spacey or Gordon as RCL's best CD. It might be Gordon !

If Mike S. is a close friend to Eric D., then I'm sure we will be in good hands:D Can't wait to meet Mike S, then:)

Eric Dowis, please take care of yourself and come back to us Texans soon. We wish you the best!!!! Royal Caribbean, if you're watching, you definitely want to rehire Eric when the time is right!

Pete,

Couldn't agree with you more about Eric. What a great guy and a great CD. Hope everything works out well with him and RCI.

Dennis, Good to hear from you. Hope you and yours are all well and happy.

If Mike S. is a close friend to Eric D., then I'm sure we will be in good hands:D Can't wait to meet Mike S, then:)

Eric Dowis, please take care of yourself and come back to us Texans soon. We wish you the best!!!! Royal Caribbean, if you're watching, you definitely want to rehire Eric when the time is right!

Please drop onto the RCI board and post your comments:

Adventure of the Seas

-CASEY PELTER

Brilliance of the Seas

-GORDON WHATMAN

OASIS OF THE SEAS

-Ken Rush 12/1/2009

Enchantment of the Seas

-RICO (AS OF 11-28-2008

Explorer of the Seas

-Mike Hunnerup (AS OF 2/13/09

Freedom of the Seas

RICHARD SPACEY*****AS OF 3/29/09

Grandeur of the Seas

-John Blairas of 3/21/09

Independence of the Seas

-graham seymour 2/13/09

Jewel of the Seas

- jOHNNY O ( as of 3/13/09

Legend of the Seas

-Bobby Brown

Liberty of the Seas

James andrew(AS OF 01-17-09 )

Majesty of the Seas

-Ricky matthews (As of 3/13/09

Mariner of the Seas

KEN RUSH AS OF 3/22/09

Monarch of the Seas

-Drew Devine (as of 3/16/09

Navigator Of The Seas

-Simon Baker as of 2/12/209

Radiance of the Seas

-JILL TASKER (AS OF 3/13/09

Rhapsody of the Seas

-carly boileau (beginning 2/24/09

Serenade of the Seas

-Dennis Scioritno as of 2/14/09

Splendour of the Seas

-LEO PAPA

Vision of the Seas

-Mercedes la Fuente as of 1/18/2009

Voyager of the Seas

-Mike Szwajkowski is taking over /people lets support Eric dowis let write to rccl

How long are cruise directors onboard before leaving for their time off? We are going on Freedom on August 2nd and would love to knw whether it will be Richard Spacey or someone else. Anybody know?

Thanks!

I(s Dan Whitney just on a break? Will he be going back to Grandeur OTS? I cruised with him 2/21 and thought he was great (6 RCI cruises - have liked every CD, but Dan was one of the more energetic ones).

How long are cruise directors onboard before leaving for their time off? We are going on Freedom on August 2nd and would love to knw whether it will be Richard Spacey or someone else. Anybody know?

Thanks!

Richard spacey goes on vacation in july your cruise director for august would be ken rush

But it could change

I've been wondering about Abe Hughes also. He was our CD on our Brilliance Panama Canal cruise. We thought he was a lot of fun. I was also wondering about Kieron Buffrey. I haven't seen his name for awhile. Wonder what he is doing; he was our first CD.

And someone elses question, how long do CD's stay on the ship? I was wondering who would be on Jewel in Sept.

Does anyone know how to get in contact with Allan Brooks? An email address maybe? I am having a hard time finding a way of getting ahold of him! Any help would be really appreciated. Even if someone knows what ship he is going to be on in April. Thanks so much.

......I was also wondering about Kieron Buffrey. I haven't seen his name for awhile. Wonder what he is doing; he was our first CD.

quote]

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=h0&oq=&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLJ_en-GB&q=Kieron+Buffery+website

I think this is a link to Kieron's website - why not send him a message?

I'm reading all this discussion and opinions, and wondering what the cruise director does. We sailed on the Mariner a few years ago on New Year's week. I guess the cruise director hosted/emceed most of the evening shows, but I don't see his contribution being as significant as would be indicated by all the questions in this forum. Does the CD do more than just that?

I'm reading all this discussion and opinions, and wondering what the cruise director does. We sailed on the Mariner a few years ago on New Year's week. I guess the cruise director hosted/emceed most of the evening shows, but I don't see his contribution being as significant as would be indicated by all the questions in this forum. Does the CD do more than just that?

THE CD is the director of your entertainment. The activities staff answer to him. He sets up the Cruise Compass every day, he approves the activites the Activities Staff offers each day, and with the music director, plans what shows are in the theatre each night. He is more than an Emcee!

THE CD is the director of your entertainment. The activities staff answer to him. He sets up the Cruise Compass every day, he approves the activites the Activities Staff offers each day, and with the music director, plans what shows are in the theatre each night. He is more than an Emcee!

small correction :D

with the stage & production manager, plans the shows in the theater . . . with the musical director, the scheduling of the bands and other musicans on the ship . .

and don't forget, with the broadcast tech - the TV channels and video coverage of events on the ship, with the Adventure Ocean manager - the youth program, and with the sports supervisor - all the sports, rockwall, etc activities. . . .

small correction :D

with the stage & production manager, plans the shows in the theater . . . with the musical director, the scheduling of the bands and other musicans on the ship . .

and don't forget, with the broadcast tech - the TV channels and video coverage of events on the ship, with the Adventure Ocean manager - the youth program, and with the sports supervisor - all the sports, rockwall, etc activities. . . .

thank you for the correction and addition. I knew it was more than "just" being an emcee.

Archived