Medical onboard the Sapphire Princess

Marusia

Pam - I know you were originally PA in MA:D I think that nice AZ weather is being too good to you.....so here is a ? for you. If Henrietta Homemaker puts her trash barrel or chair out in the parking area of the Street, that means the car is not there. If it gets covered over with snow from your blizzard and someone crossing the Street steps on it, falls down and hits their head on the telephone pole and requires 15 stitches - is that to be expected? :D:):D

Now back to the OP.

Actually, I'm in southern CA and the weather sucks here right now -- it's in the mid-50s and pouring. Just like a nor'easter. (Although I just got a Winter Weather Advisory from WCVB that you're being slammed right now so I know you're not sympathetic. My daughter in northern NH sure isn't.) Anyway, your theoretical story wouldn't hold true because if anyone dared to touch or go near your chair or barrel, your neighbors would deck the person if you hadn't gotten to them first. :)

And yes, I've been in Boston or the Boston area when whole cara were buried and when you walked in the street, you had no idea you were doing so. The Blizzard of '78 comes to mind although there were other times as well. :)

Exactly!

Now as to why it was billed later rather than on the final shipboard statement probably has to do with risk management. If they take off the charges, they are admitting they were negligent and caused her to fall.

Exactly, no one wants to admit fault or apologize in todays world;: here comes the lawyers the minute they do.

Nita

Archived