Hump Cabins on Solstice - Any new updates

FinelyCruising

We had cabin 2108 on the 12/7 cruise. The angle of the hump makes for a larger balcony, the back side of the hump provides a windbreak and makes the balcony more comfortable while underway.

I did not get into the cabins on deck 8 that appear to be miscoded. I did write down which cabins were connecting and they agree with the deck plans, so I am still perplexed. It doesn't seem that 8232 and 34 should connect but they share the entryway. I'm back onboard in early February and will try to solve the mystery then.

But I can also tell you that I thought my cabin 6188 was one cabin aft of where I thought it would be in relation to the tender beneath my balcony, so maybe all of the plans are one off. I got on the ship by 11:30 and immediately snuck into my cabin and stowed my carry ons. Then I went exploring trying to figure out why some of the insides seemed different. Which reminds me, I will start a new thread about that right now.

Can you tell me if 8259 or 8287 are among thos eyou are talking about? facing outward?

Signman

way way back before the Solstice sailed you thought the cabin we had ( 8259) was in the wrong category,,turns out you were way ahead of the cruise line...

We were in 6156 w/lifeboats at our feet, but much larger balcony. About 1/8 of the balcony had a pulley in front of horizon view, but no problem. Really was happy with this cabin due to balcony size and privacy.

Our friends were in 6157 on other side of boat w/just a little less balcony (still larger than normal).

We were in 9270 (1A) which is one of those with the largest veranda. It was great -- plenty of space and when it was a bit windy you could pull the chairs back a bit from the railing. Otherwise we moved them closer for the view on the later sea days. It could easily hold 4 chairs plus the table or two loungers if you could get your hands on them. Total size might be close to 90-100 sq ft (didn't measure but easily 2X or more the normal veranda in size).

It faces forward and to the side. Bed near door and sofa near veranda which seemed ideal to us. I do agree that perhaps the backside of the hump might be slightly better as a windbreak but I'd book this one again - it was nice to look forward as the ship sailed.

The other side angled balconies on the hump are also oversized, tho not all as large as this.

9270 connects with 9268. 9270 has both trundle and Pullman options, we did not look at the Pullman bed.

Hi Rita & Joel

Please tell me I'm going to be happy. I just booked 8259 on the Equinox for a 10 day S Carib on Jan 15 10.

Joy

We'll be good to that cabin - we're in there on the Dec 4th '09 sailing. :)

Will also post what we find. I was working with a Celeb Vacation Planner who had been on the ship and the only recommendation she had when she returned was to book this cabin as it was a "great deal". Didn't say why only highly recommended it. I'm thinking that Celeb has it identified it incorrectly and is selling it for the lower category price.

• 1 year later...
We were in 6156 w/lifeboats at our feet, but much larger balcony. About 1/8 of the balcony had a pulley in front of horizon view, but no problem. Really was happy with this cabin due to balcony size and privacy.

Our friends were in 6157 on other side of boat w/just a little less balcony (still larger than normal).

We are sailing on her in July and my cabin is 6157. Can you tell me were the couch is? is it by main door or by balcony? You said the balcony is smaller how small?

We were in 9270 (1A) which is one of those with the largest veranda.

It faces forward and to the side. Bed near door and sofa near veranda which seemed ideal to us. I do agree that perhaps the backside of the hump might be slightly better as a windbreak but I'd book this one again - it was nice to look forward as the ship sailed.

The other side angled balconies on the hump are also oversized, tho not all as large as this.

I have stayed in both 9270 and aft facing 9292 on the other side of the hump. They have exactly the size balcony. So pick either. Actually I prefer 9292 facing aft, due to the wind.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived