stateroom tv's & camcords

wombat50

anyone know if you can plug your camcord or cameras into your stateroom tv to view what you have taken

Did not have luck on Sun Princess, but some of the newer LCD TV's do have some connections. I would not rely on this being available.

the other alternative is to take a laptop and plug into that and you can also save all your memories to disk (just in-case anything happens)

i bought a cheap laptop from a on-line auction (ex lease $290) before i went and i was glad i did.i had games to play,movies to watch and the days photo's to look at.

and you can also use it for the internet.

and best of all i still have it and use it all the time

mic

the other alternative is to take a laptop and plug into that and you can also save all your memories to disk (just in-case anything happens)

i bought a cheap laptop from a on-line auction (ex lease $290) before i went and i was glad i did.i had games to play,movies to watch and the days photo's to look at.

and you can also use it for the internet.

and best of all i still have it and use it all the time

mic

thats a great idea mic thats what i would do

On the Pacific Dawn there were no outlets to plig in camcorders, etc.. Don't know about the other ships, but would assume they would be the same.

We were on the Pacific Dawn in November last year and were able to connect our video camera. (it was the current LCD TV's)

The plugs are on the back of the TV on the left had side. There is a cover over them but with a little bit of effort you can remove that and its just a matter of setting the TV to AV and trying each plug till you get the right one and then leave the cable connected for the cruise. We watched bits of our video each night just to make sure it was working OK.

Just unplug everything and put the cover back on the last night.

Don, I remember you mentioning this on a previous thread, and I thought about posting to say that you had found connections, but I thought "no, Don will reply himself". I don't think you mentioned that they were covered though. That's a handy piece of info. I, well DH, would have been looking for exposed plugs. I'll miss you when you move to Brisbane, Don. Even though we haven't met, I feel as though I'm losing a neighbor.

Debbie.

Don, I remember you mentioning this on a previous thread, and I thought about posting to say that you had found connections, but I thought "no, Don will reply himself". I don't think you mentioned that they were covered though. That's a handy piece of info. I, well DH, would have been looking for exposed plugs. I'll miss you when you move to Brisbane, Don. Even though we haven't met, I feel as though I'm losing a neighbor.

Debbie.

Will still be around on the boards, the last 3 1/2 moths have been a real blur. Not long to go now....:)

When I was trying out the plugs I just plugged the connecting cable into the video camera and with the camera on then connected the video cable by feel, if it went into an audio plug it made a very high pitched noise so I tried the next one.

You could always use a small mirror so you can see behind the set.

Archived