Rome Cabs Transfers - your opinion?

seafish

We are planinng a private FCO (Rome) to Marriott Grand Hotel Flora ... Rome Cabs transfer - followed 2 days later by a private hotel to the port of Civtiavecchia prior to a Grand Princess Cruise. For those of you that have used Rome Cabs Transfers - what do you think?

Is our RomeCabs a good choice? Thanks - SeaFish

We have used Rome Cabs during several visits to Rome - Stefano has always responded quickly to our queries and the service from individual drivers has been excellent. The have driven us to the airport for early morning flights and they drove us to Tivoli for our visit to Hadrian's Villa and Villa d'Este. Excellent service at reasonable costs.

We used Rome Cabs and thought the price was comparable to others. The distance from Rome to Civitavecchia is about an hour to an hour and half, so thought the 30 EUR pp for 6 of us was a decent price.

The driver showed up on time, was personable, and spoke reasonable English. He didn't do much talking as it was raining, and we were appreciative of his attention to the road.

We thought their service was realiable and if you do a search on these boards, they are thought of very highly.

I agree; we used RomeCabs last October 3 times - Rome to Civitavecchia, Civitavecchia to Rome and Rome to FCO. There was just the two of us and so the Rome to the port and VV was pretty expensive but worth it (I think 130 or 140 euros each way). The young male driver was excellent - very careful and reliable. The transfer to the airport used a different (female) driver and was not as smooth - she was on the mobile for much of the way, when we pulled up at lights she would get out other paperwork and , check other addresses on the GPS, then ring someone. There seemed to be a problem with some of the bookings and she was trying to sort it out - but it was a bit off putting especially at high speed on the freeway!

On the whole though we did like the company and would consider using them again.

We used Rome Cab last spring- Stephano is a dear and I would not hesitate to use him again. He was also very flexible- when I booked Cit-Rome it was only my DH and myself- he said if wanted to add anyone just let him know a couple days in advance so he would have a large enough vehicle. We gained 3 people and emailed from the ship-we also decided to cab out to our hotel at the airport instead of taking the train on the (we dropped our bags at the train station for the day) and he arranged a driver for us- we weren't sure of the time we would want to leave Rome so he asked us to call 2 hours before we wanted a pickup. That worked really well- we called and went to dinner, then got our bags and the driver was waiting for us at the pre-arranged site.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Have used Rome Cabs to get from the airport to central Rome. Stefano himself drove us and was very curteous, spoke English very well and even brought along some brochures of places to visit. We booked him again to take us back to the airport and he was there and on time to do so. We would use him again without hesitation

We used Rome Cabs in 2007 for transfer from the ship to the hotel; transfer from the hotel to the airport and a private tour of the Vatican. We were so pleased with the service, we just booked him for transfers next summer from FCO to the Marriott Grand Hotel Flora and than from the hotel to the Crown Princess.

I started the booking process on the evening of 12/30 and have traded a couple of emails with Stefano - even with the holiday.

Hi

Have used Rome Cabs to get from the airport to central Rome. Stefano himself drove us and was very curteous, spoke English very well and even brought along some brochures of places to visit. We booked him again to take us back to the airport and he was there and on time to do so. We would use him again without hesitation

What kind of van he is using?

• 2 months later...

we used them for transfers to and from the port, airport, hotel and two half day tours, it was fantastic! The van was a mercedes, very clean and both Stefano and Maurizio (we had two different drivers) were well dressed, true gentleman, spoke excellent english and full of information. They show such pride and love of their city when we left Rome I felt like I was leaving a dear friend! I am very excited to see Stefano again this july. if you email him at romecabs@yahoo.com I am sure he would give you package price if you did tours plus transfers like we did. It was an excellent deal. He prepurchased our tickets to the collesium and Maurizio manuvered us through the line of hundreds of people waiting to get in. We were off our plane and inside the collesium within an hour, talk about culture shock! It was one of the best memories of our trip

My wife and I used Stefano in 2007 during a stop in Civitavecchia to drive to Rome and back. Great e-mail communications before trip as we wanted more of a drop off/pick up from downtown Rome (wanted to walk around ourselves). The driver (can’t remember his name) was a very nice man with great English and very knowledge of the area and all the attractions we wanted to see. He even told us of an out of the way place to have lunch, which was great! Stefano also checked in with us on the driver’s cell phone to make sure everything was going right.

I agree with others here on CC this is an excellent company to do a Rome tour with.

Have a great cruise!

John

We used Rome Cabs for our transfer from our ship at Civitevechia back to Rome's airport after our cruise and they were fine. Our airline was on strike with no flights going out, which our driver didn't tell us about, but the driver was very friendly and safe. We didn't book the transfer but grouped together with some others from our cruise who did. This saved on the per person rate for everyone. I just found them through our ship's roll call.

I used this same method for our other Italy private tours to make the price affordable on a per person basis, but used a different company and they were outstanding in every detail. I don't know how Rome Cabs is for their tours, but the transfer service from ship to airport was fine. Good luck and enjoy!

I just want to echo what others have posted about Stefano and Rome Cabs. My DH & I were in Rome shortly after our marriage, more than 20 years ago, and wanted to re-live some of our memories. Before our cruise, I emailed Stefano [romecabs@yahoo.com] after reading CC recommendations.

We have had numerous guides all over the world, especially in the Caribbean, and many of them we would recommend without hesitation. However, both of us were absolutely stunned with the quality of service we received from Maurizio, Stefano's driver. [btw Stefano actually telephoned while we were touring to make sure that we were receiving the kind of service he's famous for!]

Not only is he a knowledgeable, articulate guide who loves his country, its history, its architecture, and its people, he speaks flawless English and looks like a professor in his suit & tie [i am a professor of English at a local college, so I know whereof I speak!!] His Mercedes with a/c was all we'd expected from this class act and more.

We had asked Stefano ahead of time to take us to some of the sites we'd remembered so fondly from 20+ years ago, the places everyone wants to see, but also to recommend a favorite restaurant and to show us some "places tourists never get to see."

Yes, we wanted to return to the Coliseum, Trevi Fountain, the Forum [you get the picture!]. But since I've been a life-long foodie, especially of anything Italian, I wanted particularly to dine in an authentic, known only to the locals, restaurant! Well, we did! He also took us to the catacombs [which we'd missed on our previous trip] and pointed out the castle where Tom Cruise was married!!

If you want a wonderful tour of Rome with a charming local guide with old-world manners, then this is your man! :) Just let him know what you'd like to do and see, and voila! [i know that's French, not Italian!] it will happen!

I hope this will help!

Enjoy your cruise!!

GG

My neighbors and I have both used Stefano on different trips. We both thought that he was WONDERFUL!!! It was much more than a personal tour. We skipped all the tourist traps and felt like we were in the real Italy where people actually live, work and play. He was so kind and knowledgable. I wouldn't take my chances with anyone else. When in Rome...Use Stefano!;)

Archived