Just A Reminder-Fuel Surcharge!

TEXASMUNK

Today was the "magic" day for oil prices for the First Qtr in 09.

Oil closed today at $36.22

Maybe we should ask for a "reverse" fuel surcharge, since it is so cheap, we should all get a $140 OBC in addition to our returned surcharge!

By the by, I am only kidding RCI!!! (and any curmudgens out there this Christmas Season).

Where have you been. The surcharges were returned or credited as OBC for all 2009 bookings and beyond two weeks ago.

I think the OP already knows that, he was just reminding us that today was the day that RCCL HAD given as the deciding day for the surcharges. If the price was below the mark today then it would be refunded.

Where do you find the credit?

Andrea, it looks like since you've made final payment for your upcoming cruise, it will be refunded to you in the form of an OBC.

If you booked directly with RCI, you can give them a call............if you booked through a TA, then give them a call.

OPEC is not a corporation, it is a cabal of nations....Saudi Arabia, Venezuala, U.A.E., Kuwait.....and others

You watch too much left wing TV...Corporations provide jobs and stock dividends which help average folks CRUISE!

LOL - I realize that, it was just an expression. They say that Saudia Arabia and Iran are the ones really pushing for the cutbacks.

I however, hope it stays low so I can CRUISE more too.

LOL - I realize that, it was just an expression. They say that Saudia Arabia and Iran are the ones really pushing for the cutbacks.

I however, hope it stays low so I can CRUISE more too.

they met yesterday (the 17th) and cut production and prices dropped like a rock....gotta love it.

Cutting the output will help some...however demand is also down due to folks having adapted to fewer Sunday drives...China is also not stockpiling oil like they did before the olympics, so demand will likely remain somewhat depressed over the near term. Of course a cold winter pushes up the demand for heating oil...

The excessive prices were artifically inflated not purely a supply/demand equation.

Our cruise is just a few days too early for any refund...oh well!!!

Don't get your hopes up of this going away permanent cause OPEC anounced they will be cutting back production by like 2 million barrells to try and raise the prices back up. Nothing like Corporate Greed.

They said they were going to cut production by 2 million a day, ended up cutting by over 4 million a day. Price went up slightly now has dropped again. So much for any power they had in this regard -too bad for them!

Where have you been. The surcharges were returned or credited as OBC for all 2009 bookings and beyond two weeks ago.

True, but not true. They did take them off, but..........

They reserved the right to add the Fuel Surcharges back on if oil prices go back up to $70 a barrell or more.

True, but not true. They did take them off, but..........

They reserved the right to add the Fuel Surcharges back on if oil prices go back up to $70 a barrell or more.

The quarterly date for fuel surcharge is gone. RCL would not have dropped it across the board otherwise. They might reinstate in the future of course, but it wouldn't be for existing bookings. They already got lots of grief over that. Most 09 and on cruises reflect a price increase from a few months ago equal to what the fuel surcharge was. I think they've priced in the fuel surcharge without letting on.

they met yesterday (the 17th) and cut production and prices dropped like a rock....gotta love it.
Because OPEC has an abominable track record of sticking to their production cuts :-) Generally the "cartel" leaks like a sieve. Which under the circumstances is a very, very good thing.

Got to love it oil closed at 36.22 today got gas yesterday for 1.82 a gallon. Would love to see it dip to 25.00 now bring back the .99 per gallon wouldn't that be a feat?

Just filled up a few minutes ago for 1.77$, I think it is one of the cheapest around. rock bottom to tippy top for 26$. Several months ago it was 60+$ Now I am ready for the snow tomorrow.

Don't get your hopes up of this going away permanent cause OPEC anounced they will be cutting back production by like 2 million barrells to try and raise the prices back up. Nothing like Corporate Greed.

It only had a small and very brief impact. When they increased output as oil prices rose, oil kept shooting upwards. Same situation here in reverse. There are greater forces in play than OPEC's quotas.

The quarterly date for fuel surcharge is gone. RCL would not have dropped it across the board otherwise. They might reinstate in the future of course, but it wouldn't be for existing bookings. They already got lots of grief over that. Most 09 and on cruises reflect a price increase from a few months ago equal to what the fuel surcharge was. I think they've priced in the fuel surcharge without letting on.

This is not true. RCCL has the right to add the fuel surcharge back on at any time for any of the bookings that they just removed the fuel charge from.

s.gif

Fuel Supplement Information

December 5, 2008, Update

We have suspended our fuel supplement for Royal Caribbean International sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2009, anywhere in the world.

The decision reflects the recently sustained lower price of fuel.

Effective Monday, December 8, guests making new bookings for sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2009, will not be charged the fuel supplement.

Guests already booked on sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2009, will receive a refund of any fuel supplement paid, as follows:

• Guests with existing bookings for sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2009, and who are now paid in full, will have the supplement automatically refunded to them in the form of an onboard credit during their sailing.
  • Guests with existing bookings for sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2009, and who are not yet paid in full, will have the supplement automatically removed from their outstanding balance.

We reserves the right to reinstate fuel supplement charges if the price of West Texas Intermediate fuel exceeds $65 per barrel, on the quarterly milestone dates mentioned in the company's October 24, 2008, press release.

We announced on October 24, 2008, that no fuel supplement would be charged for new bookings made on or after November 10, 2008, for sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2010, unless there is an upturn in fuel prices. Today's announcement does not affect those previous terms.

This is not true. RCCL has the right to add the fuel surcharge back on at any time for any of the bookings that they just removed the fuel charge from.

s.gif

Fuel Supplement Information

December 5, 2008, Update

We have suspended our fuel supplement for Royal Caribbean International sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2009, anywhere in the world.

The decision reflects the recently sustained lower price of fuel.

Effective Monday, December 8, guests making new bookings for sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2009, will not be charged the fuel supplement.

Guests already booked on sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2009, will receive a refund of any fuel supplement paid, as follows:

• Guests with existing bookings for sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2009, and who are now paid in full, will have the supplement automatically refunded to them in the form of an onboard credit during their sailing.
  • Guests with existing bookings for sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2009, and who are not yet paid in full, will have the supplement automatically removed from their outstanding balance.

We reserves the right to reinstate fuel supplement charges if the price of West Texas Intermediate fuel exceeds $65 per barrel, on the quarterly milestone dates mentioned in the company's October 24, 2008, press release.

We announced on October 24, 2008, that no fuel supplement would be charged for new bookings made on or after November 10, 2008, for sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2010, unless there is an upturn in fuel prices. Today's announcement does not affect those previous terms.

AND thier agreement with the FLAG, was changed to allow them to add fuel surcharges to already booked cruises. If they do reinstate the fuel surcharge, you can rest assured it will be across the board, and not just to future bookings or ones that had the FS removed

Archived