Enchantment out of Panama: We've Been Immersed!

lacruiser

LaCruiser - Our guide is charging us $260 for two. It includes pick up at airport upon arrival and take us to our hotel. Then in the afternoon a private tour of Panama City and the locks. The next morning he will take us to Colon Cruise port and then pick us up upon return and take us back to the airport for a 5:00 PM flight to the states. I just checked his references and so far so good. I found him on Craig's list. Will pst a review when we return.

LaCruiser - Our guide is charging us $260 for two. It includes pick up at airport upon arrival and take us to our hotel. Then in the afternoon a private tour of Panama City and the locks. The next morning he will take us to Colon Cruise port and then pick us up upon return and take us back to the airport for a 5:00 PM flight to the states. I just checked his references and so far so good. I found him on Craig's list. Will pst a review when we return.

Hey there just a couple of questions ---what dates are you going? what hotel are you staying at in Panama?

thx

To Op: Glad your cruise worked out well--esp getting the nicer suite!

For me, although I love the Spanish language & do ok with it...I would not fly all the way down there to do ports that could be reached from Florida..& from what you say the ship is not that great anymore--even with the refurb...

Also sounds like calling it an immersion cruise iwas just a PR tactic--basically they switched to a Spanish speaking port, had some already booked English speaking pax, & marketed it more heavily down there-- They should just call it a Span lang cruise-- "Immersion" to me implies an educational program where you are immersed in a local language with instructions to go along with it all---Here sounds like none of that was invlolved...you wer even sep out from the Spanish speaking pax at dinner...

anyhow--glad you enjoyed it! guess we'll pass on Enchantment til she returns home....

Nancy,

Just out of curiosity, which Jr Suite did you originally have before being upgraded? We have a J.S. on deck 8 for the Jan. 11th cruise. If you had the same one, maybe I'll complain about the same things and see if I can get an upgrade!!

Very good review of the cruise. I'm really looking forward to this cruise. I don't speak very much Spanish and am hoping to 'learn on the fly'!

Archived