use of walkie talkies on large ships like the Solstice

tinybabynurse

We want to purchase some walkie talkies for use on cruises. We just returned from a cruise on the Solstice and are also booked on the Freedom of the Seas this summer. I really do not want regular walkie talkies because I HATE all that squaking - I find it obtrusive and disturbing to listen to that from other guests who are using them. We arelooking at the Cobra Micro Talk GMRS/FRS ones and wondered if anyone had those and had used them on a large cruise ship before. They have a silent and vibrating mode and seem to have good reviews. Perhaps there are also other good options out there - I would appreciate input from folks who have used something like this on cruises---

Hi! I looked through the other threads containing w/t info and see that you've been busy... :D

DH and I have quite successfully used Motorola w/ts on cruises and at sporting events without static or squawk. The model we use is T4500 - picked them up a year or two ago, can't remember if it was at Target or Costco. Quite reasonable and LITTLE; not including the stubby antenna, they're 3" tall by 1 1/4" wide including the belt/clothing clip. Extremely easy to use; well designed, too.

Our young nephews (7, 11, and 13) had no trouble carrying and using them as well.

Hope this helps!!!

We want to purchase some walkie talkies for use on cruises. We just returned from a cruise on the Solstice and are also booked on the Freedom of the Seas this summer. I really do not want regular walkie talkies because I HATE all that squaking - I find it obtrusive and disturbing to listen to that from other guests who are using them. We arelooking at the Cobra Micro Talk GMRS/FRS ones and wondered if anyone had those and had used them on a large cruise ship before. They have a silent and vibrating mode and seem to have good reviews. Perhaps there are also other good options out there - I would appreciate input from folks who have used something like this on cruises---

We have the Cobra microTALK Model LI 5650WXC and it functions just great!

I would recommend purchasing one of these units and taking them with you whenever you are on a cruise (or any other vacation)!

You just place them each evening at bedtime into the base charger and they are ready for the next day!

You know. my whole intent was to try to find a way to communicate with my friends and family while we were all in different placeson the cruise ship and NOT be disturbing to any one else.

Thank you for your consideration. Enjoy your upcoming cruise(s). :)

Archived