Da Nang, Vietnam

Shelly&Jack

Please name the company and contact so we do not use them. Did you phone them and what did they say?

hello Jade

the company was Hoi An online travel - Mr David Duong.

http://www.hoianonlinetravel.com/

It was all done via internet and had good correspondence but on the day he just didn't show. we called (five times) and spoke four times.

first he was running a bit late, then he was apparenty there but it's not that big a place and he kept saying walk to the next gate, once we'd walked right outside the dock area we knew we'd been had.

luckily our insurance company has re-imbursed us for the full Oz$224

we loved our day in Hoi An and the walk up to the pagooda at marble mountain

photos of hoi an are in our travelpod blog, link in signature

pete

hello Jade

the company was Hoi An online travel - Mr David Duong.

http://www.hoianonlinetravel.com/

It was all done via internet and had good correspondence but on the day he just didn't show. we called (five times) and spoke four times.

first he was running a bit late, then he was apparenty there but it's not that big a place and he kept saying walk to the next gate, once we'd walked right outside the dock area we knew we'd been had.

luckily our insurance company has re-imbursed us for the full Oz$224

we loved our day in Hoi An and the walk up to the pagooda at marble mountain

photos of hoi an are in our travelpod blog, link in signature

pete

Pete, thanks.

Btw, I have only booked tours that could be paid on the spot. In Europe its been cash. In some places such as Belize or Costa Rica the tour company met us and we stopped at their office to run credit cards. I know pre-paid could/would be an issue if air is involved but in those cases I would only pay with a credit card.

Btw, which insurance reimbursed for the stolen money s many do not cover the day tours? Was it wired money? Our credit card would have done a charge back for us, etc. since we did not receive the services.

Pete, thanks.

Btw, I have only booked tours that could be paid on the spot. In Europe its been cash. In some places such as Belize or Costa Rica the tour company met us and we stopped at their office to run credit cards. I know pre-paid could/would be an issue if air is involved but in those cases I would only pay with a credit card.

Btw, which insurance reimbursed for the stolen money s many do not cover the day tours? Was it wired money? Our credit card would have done a charge back for us, etc. since we did not receive the services.

hi Jade

even though I paid by ccard it was to western union who then transferred the cash, hence why we couldn't get money back from our ccard. we have used thye same insurance company now for our last three holidays. so much cheaper than anything else we've found with on the whole better cover. this was our first claim. they are travelinsurancedirect.com.au.

funny thing about the claim was we initially only received $22. so I called and complained. I got another call back a few days later from a lovely person who had my faxed claim in front of them. I'd only written $22 on the front page as total claim. I then remembered filling the form in and not being sure if it was $224 or $225, then got sidetracked and just faexed the form. How embarrassing.

the following pages of the fax detailed everything - emails to from the tour operator, copy of phone bill with calls to his number, emails from western union etc etc. the lady was so lovely and said no worries, we'll get the balance to you in a few days. And we did!

Archived