When do southwestflights for August become available?

sassy73

I am planning to fly to Seattle the day before my cruise (August 22nd, 2009) and fly back the day we are back in Seattle, (August 30th, 2009) I know to book my flight back later in the day, and would rather be hanging out at the airpport, than miss my plane. I want to fly Southwest from Oakland . (I use a wheelchair, and they have the routine down pat, and I have no desire to have something go amiss.) Does anyone know when these dates might show up in their system? Thanks.

According to their website:

"We are currently accepting air reservations through June 26, 2009. On January 29, we will open our schedule for sale through August 14, 2009. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently."

If you go to their website, on the home page towards the upper right hand side, click on "Travel Tools".:)

I am planning to fly to Seattle the day before my cruise (August 22nd, 2009) and fly back the day we are back in Seattle, (August 30th, 2009) I know to book my flight back later in the day, and would rather be hanging out at the airpport, than miss my plane. I want to fly Southwest from Oakland . (I use a wheelchair, and they have the routine down pat, and I have no desire to have something go amiss.) Does anyone know when these dates might show up in their system? Thanks.

We travel often from SEA-OAK and have never found WN to be the least expensive or most convenient airline. We have found Alaska Air to be the best for us most of the time. Just for comparison, when WN allows you to book, the least expensive tickets on Alaska for your dates are $165 round trip.

I don't know of any airline that can't properly handle a wheelchair.

through 6/26 opened up 12/9...so it seems to be a 6 month or so lead time...the post above mentioned through 8/14 would be available in Jan...waiting for SWA to open bookings was tough for us b/c we were used to being able to book further in advance...but I suppose the savings were worth it:rolleyes:

Archived