Beginning 1/1/09, Shareholder OBC will be combinable with............

I am sure that all of us here on CC have at one time or another received an email from Linda Buchanan confirming that an OBC will be issued to the booking number given to her for their cruise. I would hope that she is current on benefits.............since it's her department that gives them or takes them away.

Until I hear something different from her...............I will rely on the information she gave me in her email.

I'm with you, Patti! In fact, I print out every email I get from Linda Buchanan and attach it to my booking invoice. I plan on using the email, if they DARE try to take my OBC away ... ;)

Thanks for your diligence on this! Happy Holidays! ~ Lorna

Just sent in our 2 new booking numbers to Linda Buchanan to get the Shareholder combined with the other benefits. I always print off all communication from everyone. A paper trail of it all, good idea to have back up.

We used up our 2 NC we bought last month. So, we are booked now for 09 & 10, so we should be covered with getting all the benefits. After Dec. 31, they will have to get together on what is allowed. They sure are confused in their office!!!

Actually, I haven't received anything from her office. :(

Very sad. :D

Nancy. I emailed her and asked her what would be combinable beginning in 2009 and that's the response I got. I figured I might as well go to source and hopefully get the correct information. Why don't you do the same.............and see what information you get back.

I'm with you, Patti! In fact, I print out every email I get from Linda Buchanan and attach it to my booking invoice. I plan on using the email, if they DARE try to take my OBC away ... ;)

Thanks for your diligence on this! Happy Holidays! ~ Lorna

Hi Lorna..........you welcome.................Happy Holidays to you also.

Just sent in our 2 new booking numbers to Linda Buchanan to get the Shareholder combined with the other benefits. I always print off all communication from everyone. A paper trail of it all, good idea to have back up.

We used up our 2 NC we bought last month. So, we are booked now for 09 & 10, so we should be covered with getting all the benefits. After Dec. 31, they will have to get together on what is allowed. They sure are confused in their office!!!

Hi Dayle............you should be good to go with all cruises booked before 12/31/08.

Hi Dayle............you should be good to go with all cruises booked before 12/31/08.

Thanks Patti, we are all done with booking anymore cruises now.

A Happy Healthy 2009 to you and the family.:)

Dayle

I emailed shareholder benefits yesterday with my confusion of what I was reading here and what was posted on the investor relations board....here is the answer "I" received from Linda Buchanan....

My email: Please help clear up confusion. I recently heard on cruise critic that people have been receiving emails from investor relations that effective 1/1/09, shareholder benefits will still be combinable with C&A balcony discounts. As this is NOT the info on the investor relations board, please help clear this up for me.

Their response, dated today

Good day,

They were originally but as of 12/31/08 the only combinability with the shareholder benefit will be discounts or onboard credits for your Royal reward points.

Thank you.

Enjoy your cruise!

Kind regards,

Linda Buchanan

Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.

Guest Sales & Service Administration

Once again...different information, different emails...which is correct.....????? Or is it one response for diamond members, one for platinum, one for gold????

Nancy. I emailed her and asked her what would be combinable beginning in 2009 and that's the response I got. I figured I might as well go to source and hopefully get the correct information. Why don't you do the same.............and see what information you get back.

Thanks Patti.

Will do.:)

Soooooooo

If you aren't diamond and aren't a shareholder, then you might want to purchase the Next Cruise.

When you become Diamond and aren't a shareholder, then you wont want to purchase the Next Cruise.

Please correct me if I am wrong. :rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::eek:

I emailed shareholder benefits yesterday with my confusion of what I was reading here and what was posted on the investor relations board....here is the answer "I" received from Linda Buchanan....

My email: Please help clear up confusion. I recently heard on cruise critic that people have been receiving emails from investor relations that effective 1/1/09, shareholder benefits will still be combinable with C&A balcony discounts. As this is NOT the info on the investor relations board, please help clear this up for me.

Their response, dated today

Good day,

They were originally but as of 12/31/08 the only combinability with the shareholder benefit will be discounts or onboard credits for your Royal reward points.

Thank you.

Enjoy your cruise!

Kind regards,

Linda Buchanan

Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.

Guest Sales & Service Administration

Once again...different information, different emails...which is correct.....????? Or is it one response for diamond members, one for platinum, one for gold????

Oops!:cool:

12/31/08.

Thanks Patti. Will do. :):):)

I'm a bit lost i'm a Diamond member and get discounts on a balcony can i still use the C/A certs that come in from till to time together ?

jj......

No. There is some confusion out there as to whether shareholder benefits will combine with Diamond balcony discounts, but it is clear that you won't be able to combine C/A certs with that discount. If you are not a shareholder (and if shareholder benefits no longer combine) and want less than a balcony, then those C/A certs could come in handy. If you always go balcony or more, they are pretty much useless since you're a Diamond. (edited to add: unless the C/A discount is MORE than the Diamond balcony discount... but I don't think it is very often).

This whole thing has had my head swimming for a couple days now... we are Platinum and soon to be Diamond, hold a NC cert, and are not shareholders. So we figure we better book something now before 12/31 or the NC cert becomes pretty much worthless (except to RCC, since they held our $100 for this time). We have talked about becoming shareholders but will now wait to see who is right, Investor Relations or Customer Service. Sort of like Good vs. Evil!! :D

Well, this is getting ridiculous..............below is my email to Linda Buchanan on 12/18/08. I don't think I could have been any more explicit regarding dates..............

Hi Linda,

I have a question that I know you can answer. I know of all the changes that are going to be taking place after December 31, 2008 regarding combining on board credits from being a shareholder/booking a cruise while on a cruise and balcony discounts.

I’ve been told that beginning in January of 2009, we will still be able to combine our on board credit from being a shareholder along with our Diamond Plus balcony discount.

Is this all factual information that I have heard?

Thanks in advance...............wishing you a very Happy Holiday Season.

Regards,

Patti LaFever

Here is my response from Linda..................how would you interpret it?

Yes, the shareholder benefit will be combinable with the Diamond discount for members who confirm balcony staterooms and any discount or onboard credit you may receive from your RCL credit card for Royal Rewards will also be combinable.

Regards,

Linda Buchannan/Admin.Support-Shared Service

Miramar Contact Center

954-628-9307, Internal ext. 19307

lbuchannan@rccl.com

I'm a bit lost i'm a Diamond member and get discounts on a balcony can i still use the C/A certs that come in from till to time together ?

jj......

No, that policy was revised last July when C&A said you had to select either a C&A $$$ off coupon for your cruise (if one was available, of course) or the P/D/D+ balcony discount.

They said they were really going to start enforcing it...............:rolleyes:

Well, this is getting ridiculous..............below is my email to Linda Buchanan on 12/18/08. I don't think I could have been any more explicit regarding dates..............

Hi Linda,

I have a question that I know you can answer. I know of all the changes that are going to be taking place after December 31, 2008 regarding combining on board credits from being a shareholder/booking a cruise while on a cruise and balcony discounts.

I’ve been told that beginning in January of 2009, we will still be able to combine our on board credit from being a shareholder along with our Diamond Plus balcony discount.

Regards,

Patti LaFever

Yes, the shareholder benefit will be combinable with the Diamond discount for members who confirm balcony staterooms and any discount or onboard credit you may receive from your RCL credit card for Royal Rewards will also be combinable.

Regards,

Miramar Contact Center

lbuchannan@rccl.com

Patti, I just got off the phone with IR it is 12/24 at 1:22PM and was told that there had been some confusion but that the stock obc and the balcony discounts will not be combinable as of 1/1/09. I read what you have from Linda but it seems things may have changed since that email. I just want to give you a heads up. Have agreat holiday.

Hi Linda,

Regards,

Patti LaFever

Regards,

Miramar Contact Center

lbuchannan@rccl.com

Patti - you were very specific with your question and Linda's response directly answered your question. I don't understand why different folks get different answers to the same question. :confused:

It will be interesting to see what happens after 12/31. We're sure hoping that the answer you received was correct and we can combine Shareholder benefit with C&A balcony discount.

Hi Linda,

Regards,

Patti LaFever

Regards,

Miramar Contact Center

lbuchannan@rccl.com

That was then and now is now. More changes are coming.

Revenue mangement and marketing made the decision to end the combining of benefits for Stock owners, repeat customers who are platinum and above members. Crown and Anchor and IR did put up a fight but lost. So as of 12/31 there is no more combining of benefits. No matter what has been written before this is the final decision made by RCL. You have until 12/31 to cash in your OBC for stock, NC or any other certificate you are holding after that date you will only be able to use one. If you want to validate this call IR or Crown and Anchor..I just was on the phone with both.

This is a very sad day for all of the stock holders and repeat customers.

Revenue mangement and marketing made the decision to end the combining of benefits for Stock owners, repeat customers who are platinum and above members. Crown and Anchor and IR did put up a fight but lost. So as of 12/31 there is no more combining of benefits. No matter what has been written before this is the final decision made by RCL. You have until 12/31 to cash in your OBC for stock, NC or any other certificate you are holding after that date you will only be able to use one. If you want to validate this call IR or Crown and Anchor..I just was on the phone with both.

Thanks Dale for the info. Yes it is a sad day. They really could have given us two benefits per cruise and not broken the bank...............but they have chosen not to.:(

That was then and now is now. More changes are coming.

Can you elaborate as to what other changes are coming?

Thanks for the update. I agree that it's a sad day for Royal Caribbean's loyal customers. :(

Thanks Dale for the info. Yes it is a sad day. They really could have given us two benefits per cruise and not broken the bank...............but they have chosen not to.:(

Yes, for sure. It is the repeat customers that are very important to keep from straying. Things may look better on the other pier? Hope they rethink the whole thing in the new year.

In Canada we don't have the RCL Credit Card either.:(

Well we got a response from Linda Buchanan and she has applied our Stockholder benefit to our booked B2B cruises for Oct. 2010. So, we got in under the wire and used up our 2 NC.

Maybe by 2010 they will have changed things for the better. We are booked up now and will see what happens.

A Very Happy Holiday to all!!!:)

Yes, for sure. It is the repeat customers that are very important to keep from straying. Things may look better on the other pier? Hope they rethink the whole thing in the new year.

In Canada we don't have the RCL Credit Card either.:(

Well we got a response from Linda Buchanan and she has applied our Stockholder benefit to our booked B2B cruises for Oct. 2010. So, we got in under the wire and used up our 2 NC.

Maybe by 2010 they will have changed things for the better. We are booked up now and will see what happens.

A Very Happy Holiday to all!!!:)

You are right about straying our daughter and her sons are coming down in June and we were going to take them on a 3 or 4 night cruise either on the Majesty or Enchantment now I am lookiing at Carnival or NCL which was something we would of never done in the past. If you cannot take care of your repeat customers then no reason not to look elsewhere and we can get OBC on both lines as well.

Happy Holidays

Archived