Beginning 1/1/09, Shareholder OBC will be combinable with............

Oh yes there will be. And I bet you will be one of them benefiting. ;)

Just give it some time.

FL Cruiser, if you are saying that then I believe it, your chart beared out what you wrote months ago and I have no reason to doubt what you are saying now it will be a wait and see when they start rolling out what the new loyalty program will be. From what RCL told me yesterday it will be in late 2009.

Thanks to everyone here who provides good information on this thread. I too will wait in anticipation of what the new plan is that they will roll out.

This has been a very good thread and I too have alerted many friends with NC's to use and who are shareholders to take care of things before today.

Happy New Year to all :)

I have been lurking on this thread topic!

Dfishner: I find your discussion with RC interesting. You stated your piece to them in regards to how they need to improve their communication skills! You explained how changes with their company are found out through CC threads.

Now they are anticipating another type of program to roll out in late 2009. By the time they implement that new program how many Loyal pax will have moved on to other Cruiselines? Once a company looses customers it's hard to get them back , if they like the competitors product!

I too am one cruise away from Dia+ and have not booked any future cruise's ( except the ones I have booked now) with RC since I heard about the 12/31/08 deadline of combining OBC's.

I have cruised with Princess and preferred RC over them. I do get discounts with Princess ( not as good as RC's were), and I would have no problem cruising with Princess for my future cruising!

Are there other Loyal pax that may feel the same way I do? If so, this may hurt RC in the long run, due to loosing some of their Loyal customers, the economy situation hurting their Business, the lack of communicating with their customers.

The total amount of the cruise does play a factor in my decision, when booking cruises. I have been cruising 3-5 times a year for the past several years ( all 7 night or longer cruises) and have been with RC for 14 years.

We shall see what the future holds for the Loyal pax! If anything!:rolleyes:

In my discussion with RCL yesterday she did explain that the reason it would take so long is more technical they have to have their systems set up for it, they also have to work with TAs about the new system and this all takes time. I can tell you by the end of our conversation I felt differently then I did when we begun it. I agree the total amount of cruises does play a factor when we make a decision and since ours are with RCL they are the ones we book with. I have not cruise with RCL as long as you but we do average two cruises a year with them since 2006.

Royal will not lose me as a customer but we decided loyalty to one cruise line is like putting your eggs in one basket. I do not believe we will do that anymore. It was interesting to see what else was out there I was surprised what NCL had to offer and for us it was huge. I know a little about Freestyle and am willing to give it a try and see what happens. The worse that can happen is we do not like it or we will like it and it will give us another option.

In my conversation yesterday I told her that we had not even thought of trying another cruise line until RCL made this decision and how many new customer do they have to get to make up for us not cruising on them as often. Her response back to me what the quality of the on board experience with RCL and I told her that was never in question with me all my cruise experiences on RCL were outstanding RCL rewarded us for being good customers and we continued to cruise on them. I told her I was happy with my balcony discount and my Next Cruise OBC and when that went away we decided that there were other options.

I do trust now that RCL will do the right thing and will be rolling out a new benefit program maybe it will not be as fast as we would all like but I do feel it is in the works. Why RCL does not communicate this to us is beyond me and took the road they did which only confused and frustrated all of us, that is why I told them their communications is so poor I truly believe that chasing away their repeat customers was not their intention but the way they went about it came across as if they did. RCL could of done a much better job at handling and communicated that a change was in the works. We will see how they handle this going forward.

In my discussion with RCL yesterday she did explain that the reason it would take so long is more technical they have to have their systems set up for it, they also have to work with TAs about the new system and this all takes time. I can tell you by the end of our conversation I felt differently then I did when we begun it. I agree the total amount of cruises does play a factor when we make a decision and since ours are with RCL they are the ones we book with. I have not cruise with RCL as long as you but we do average two cruises a year with them since 2006.

Royal will not lose me as a customer but we decided loyalty to one cruise line is like putting your eggs in one basket. I do not believe we will do that anymore. It was interesting to see what else was out there I was surprised what NCL had to offer and for us it was huge. I know a little about Freestyle and am willing to give it a try and see what happens. The worse that can happen is we do not like it or we will like it and it will give us another option.

In my conversation yesterday I told her that we had not even thought of trying another cruise line until RCL made this decision and how many new customer do they have to get to make up for us not cruising on them as often. Her response back to me what the quality of the on board experience with RCL and I told her that was never in question with me all my cruise experiences on RCL were outstanding RCL rewarded us for being good customers and we continued to cruise on them. I told her I was happy with my balcony discount and my Next Cruise OBC and when that went away we decided that there were other options.

I do trust now that RCL will do the right thing and will be rolling out a new benefit program maybe it will not be as fast as we would all like but I do feel it is in the works. Why RCL does not communicate this to us is beyond me and took the road they did which only confused and frustrated all of us, that is why I told them their communications is so poor I truly believe that chasing away their repeat customers was not their intention but the way they went about it came across as if they did. RCL could of done a much better job at handling and communicated that a change was in the works. We will see how they handle this going forward.

Ahhhhhhh, look at that. Been saying that for month in every OBC Cash Out thread and all I got was grief.

Keep that person close to you.

I can give you the reason why RCI is not commuting it publicly:

a) it will benefit some more than others

b) can you imagine all the suggestions customer service would get

The first step is always to create a basis, a common, which they done now. Those who are running are not loyal in the sense of product and service loyal but rather benefit loyal.

Once you have the bottom line you build on it.

I'm also not happy with the way RC is treating it's loyal passangers, stock holders, and those of us that purchase next cruises or new bookings.

Does anyone have the e-mails for Adam Goldstein and/or Richard Fain. The addresses to write letters are:

Richard D. Fain

CEO

Royal Caribbean Cruise Line

1035 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

with a cc: to Adam Goldstein, President of Royal Caribbean. Who knows if it will do any good but we figure, if they get bombarded, they'll know we're not happy

Ahhhhhhh, look at that. Been saying that for month in every OBC Cash Out thread and all I got was grief.

Keep that person close to you.

I can give you the reason why RCI is not commuting it publicly:

a) it will benefit some more than others

b) can you imagine all the suggestions customer service would get

The first step is always to create a basis, a common, which they done now. Those who are running are not loyal in the sense of product and service loyal but rather benefit loyal.

Once you have the bottom line you build on it.

I agree with all your comments, I am Dia+ now will be ++ in May on my Liberty OS cruise. I also cruise on Celeb and worked my way up to Elite.

I choose to cruise RCL because I really enjoy the product, I bought shares because I wanted to invest in this product this being I would be relucant to choose another line.

My aim is to stick with RCL and "fight my corner" or show praise to change things. I feel mass combining of perks was a super bonus for us all to take advantage of,while they lasted,that said I feel that NC OR Share OBC not both should still be allowed with p/d/d+ balcony discount.

HAPPY NEW CRUSING YEAR TO YOU ALL..............:)

I booked a cruise back in the summer for this June on a next cruise. At the time I also used a $50 C&A coupon. I changed cabin numbers and added a cabin because the rates dropped. During the confusion the C&A coupon disappeared. I faxed it again this week and received a reply back saying I couldn't use it because a next cruise onboard credit is already on the reservation. I thought everything could be used as normal as long as the paperwork was in by 12/31/08.

I booked a cruise back in the summer for this June on a next cruise. At the time I also used a $50 C&A coupon. I changed cabin numbers and added a cabin because the rates dropped. During the confusion the C&A coupon disappeared. I faxed it again this week and received a reply back saying I couldn't use it because a next cruise onboard credit is already on the reservation. I thought everything could be used as normal as long as the paperwork was in by 12/31/08.

I understand that that perk was stopped back in July.......might be wrong:rolleyes:

We have 6 cruises booked with RCI, 1 with Celebrity, 1 with Azamara and 1 with Regent.

I guess we are loyal customers. We've used up all our NCs, faxed in our stock certificates, gotten all our Diamond Balcony discounts. We are set until March 2010.

Even if RCI doesn't reinstate combining of OBC and discounts we still have a great cruise line. We have espresso and drinks in the CL, get invited to the Captains table every so often and have met some wonderful people in our travels.

We even bought stock at $40 and then another 100 shares at $6.50 so as to price average. :o

Life is good. Royal is a great cruise line. I want them to prosper and remain in business.:):)

We have 6 cruises booked with RCI, 1 with Celebrity, 1 with Azamara and 1 with Regent.

I guess we are loyal customers. We've used up all our NCs, faxed in our stock certificates, gotten all our Diamond Balcony discounts. We are set until March 2010.

Even if RCI doesn't reinstate combining of OBC and discounts we still have a great cruise line. We have espresso and drinks in the CL, get invited to the Captains table every so often and have met some wonderful people in our travels.

We even bought stock at $40 and then another 100 shares at $6.50 so as to price average. :o

Life is good. Royal is a great cruise line. I want them to prosper and remain in business.:):)

Well said Nancy

Well said Nancy

I agree with Brenda............thanks Nancy.

Maybe 2009 will bring us a more stable loyalty program that will please everyone.

Patti and Branda,

Happy New Year. :)

Same to you Nancy. And to all the loyal royals out there

Have a Very Happy New Year...............hope it brings you all good health and much happiness................with a few cruises thrown in for good measure!

Same to you Nancy. And to all the loyal royals out there

Have a Very Happy New Year...............hope it brings you all good health and much happiness................with a few cruises thrown in for good measure!

Thank you, Patti! A Very Happy New Year to you, too!!! ~ Lorna

lovetocruise99- You should fight them on this. I booked a cruise for May in Nov. and got a military discount, my D balcony discount, a C&A coupon discount and my OBC for Next Cruise booking. You should be able to combine all as you booked prior to Dec. 31.

lovetocruise99- You should fight them on this. I booked a cruise for May in Nov. and got a military discount, my D balcony discount, a C&A coupon discount and my OBC for Next Cruise booking. You should be able to combine all as you booked prior to Dec. 31.

I agree. I have a booking for the Med in May. It was booked with a NC Certificate, I have the C&A balcony discount, a coupon applied and my shareholder's benefit. Last month they came out with a residency rate on my cabin and I was able to get the lower fare as well and I DID NOT lose any of the other discounts.

Just a reminder:

The OBC due to owning 100 shares of RCI is renewable each year on May 1 by a vote of the Board of Directors at their annual meeting. It is a wonderful perk, but it is not "set in stone." The Board can decide not to renew it. If the economy does not improve, I can see May 1, 2009 as the end to shareholder's credits.

Hope not!

M

Thank you, I believe I will fight them on this. Especially since I was given one answer by email and another answer on the phone.

Thank you, I believe I will fight them on this. Especially since I was given one answer by email and another answer on the phone.[/quote]

that is my biggest concern/complaint. No I don't like the changes, however I do realize that they have the right to do that. BUT for goodness sakes, I wish they would get their act together and everyone be on the same page. I should not get different answers depending on who I talk to on the phone or e-mail. I know there have been instances where 1 rep gave someone credit on the C&A coupons AFTER July & another rep refused!!! And as has been stated on this thread, I want RCCL to COMMUNICATE directly with me & every other C&A member as to the changes. Thank goodness for CC. How hard can it be--they send out a mass e-mail about promotions and such!!!

Until there is a resolution of what is going to be offered I for one will be holding up booking future cruises. If another cruise lines pricing & benefits are better I may jump ship & go with them if that is best for me. Shame on RCI for not getting their act together to take care of their loyalist!

As someone said previously, I am loyal to the product, not to the benefits. But the benefits are a nice addition.

I have been saying all along that I think people are hurting themselves by not buying new cruise certificates. That benefit may be combinable with something in the future. If so, you benefit only if you purchased the certificates. If not, what have you lost? We plan to get two of them on our cruise next week. RCCL has not lost these loyal customers.:)

As someone said previously, I am loyal to the product, not to the benefits. But the benefits are a nice addition.

I have been saying all along that I think people are hurting themselves by not buying new cruise certificates. That benefit may be combinable with something in the future. If so, you benefit only if you purchased the certificates. If not, what have you lost? We plan to get two of them on our cruise next week. RCCL has not lost these loyal customers.:)

If that changes then we will buy more NCs.

We usually had at least 4 of them on hand. But, we sail in a balcony or a JS and we own the stock. Buying more NCs is worthless to us at this point. :)

If that changes then we will buy more NCs.

We usually had at least 4 of them on hand. But, we sail in a balcony or a JS and we own the stock. Buying more NCs is worthless to us at this point. :)

We own stock as well, and we will be eligible for the diamond balcony discount. Still plan to have those NC certificates in our travel drawer JUST IN CASE.:) Whether the offers become combinable again or not, our $100 still applies to the next cruise, and our friends/family still benefit if they travel with us. (Of course, we're losing all that high interest on our $100!!!!)

We own stock as well, and we will be eligible for the diamond balcony discount. Still plan to have those NC certificates in our travel drawer JUST IN CASE.:) Whether the offers become combinable again or not, our $100 still applies to the next cruise, and our friends/family still benefit if they travel with us. (Of course, we're losing all that high interest on our $100!!!!)

We are cruising on Celebrity next week, will have to give that some thought as you stated just in case.

Archived