What kind of Green Apples on NCL?

S&S Cruisers 1983

Taste the same as what?:D

I can't find any in stores at home that taste like the green apples that were on the ship. I don't think they are golden delicious or granny smith. My daughter is allergic to a lot of fruits but she can eat apples and loved these apples. I would like to be able to find some for her.

I haven't got a clue. There are easily 1,000 varieties of apples grown in the U.S.

Here is a link to a site with information on more types of apples than you probably want to know about....perhaps you can find something here.

http://www.naturalhub.com/grow_fruit_cultivars_apple.htm

If you can describe the color and taste, you may be able to find what you are looking for.

I haven't got a clue. There are easily 1,000 varieties of apples grown in the U.S.

Here is a link to a site with information on more types of apples than you probably want to know about....perhaps you can find something here.

http://www.naturalhub.com/grow_fruit_cultivars_apple.htm

If you can describe the color and taste, you may be able to find what you are looking for.

Wow, I didn't know that there were that many different kinds of apples! Thanks for the link.

As for the taste, I wouldn't be able to tell that much and it is hard to get a good description from my daughter on the taste, but they were a darker green than a golden delicious and lighter than a granny smith, not shaped like a granny smith either, but with a much thinner skin than most apples.

Sorry if this is amusing to some, but with her allergies, I would like to find what she likes.

When my daughter got sea sick on our last cruise, the waitress had the kitchen make her up a plate of green apples and crackers, so that must be a common remedy for it. Her stomach was so upset she wouldn't eat them, so I don't know if it would have helped.

Archived