How to determine, then apply, points from a Royal Caribbean visa card?

mikeerdas

5 questions:

1) How do I determine how many points I have on my RCI visa? It wasn't apparent to me looking at my Bank of America online account.

2) How do I then apply points to a particular cruise?

3) If I only have 10,000 points (assuming I have at least that much as a sign-on bonus), can I apply two 5,000 $50 OBCs to the same cruise?

4) My wife also has an RCI visa. Can we convert her points into OBCs for the same cabin on the same cruise? e.g. I reckon we could get $200 of OBC for each of our 10,000 points. (four $50 OBCs).

5) Any problems with combinability of RCI visa OBCs? Already getting a stockholder OBC and a NextCruise OBC.

I had to look at the paper monthly statement to see the points listed. Then I just called Bank of Am and they mailed me the points :( They mailed me 6 separate certs for $300 worth of points. These dont have the option written on them to apply to the payment, so I called and I had to write it in.

You need to look at the monthly statement. thats all.

5 questions:

1) How do I determine how many points I have on my RCI visa? It wasn't apparent to me looking at my Bank of America online account.

2) How do I then apply points to a particular cruise?

3) If I only have 10,000 points (assuming I have at least that much as a sign-on bonus), can I apply two 5,000 $50 OBCs to the same cruise?

4) My wife also has an RCI visa. Can we convert her points into OBCs for the same cabin on the same cruise? e.g. I reckon we could get $200 of OBC for each of our 10,000 points. (four $50 OBCs).

5) Any problems with combinability of RCI visa OBCs? Already getting a stockholder OBC and a NextCruise OBC.

1) You have no points until your first closing date. Points are applied at that time. To view online you have to look at your last statement (post-close date). You can view in pdf and it looks exactly like your paper statement with points listed at the bottom. Or, of course, you can look at your paper statement itself.

2) Call the number on the back of the credit card and request the rewards certificates. Once received, fill out the necessary info and mail to the address listed on the certificates. Retain copies in case of any issues.

3) yes

4) yes

5) no

Thanks Firefly and Aprille.

> 2) Call the number on the back of the credit card and request the

> rewards certificates. Once received, fill out the necessary info

> and mail to the address listed on the certificates. Retain copies

> in case of any issues.

Do the certificates have expiration dates? And once I have the certificates, may I cancel the credit cards? I'm thinking I'd rather charge to a single frequent flier mile card.

Thanks.

Mike

Thanks Firefly and Aprille.

> 2) Call the number on the back of the credit card and request the

> rewards certificates. Once received, fill out the necessary info

> and mail to the address listed on the certificates. Retain copies

> in case of any issues.

Do the certificates have expiration dates? And once I have the certificates, may I cancel the credit cards? I'm thinking I'd rather charge to a single frequent flier mile card.

Thanks.

Mike

Yes, once you request the certificates, you have 6 months to apply them to a cruise of your choice. Yes, of course you can cancel the credit card.

5 questions:

I think this particular question may be confusing. You can NOT get $200 or EACH 10,000 points. You can get $100 for EACH 10,000 points. If your wife's Visa is a seperate account number, then those points can receive OBC and then your points can receive OBC.

Hope This Helps.

I just cashed in pts. I was bummed because of a mistake (not putting a charge on the card within 2 months, or something) I lost my original 15,000 -- canceled the card and reapplied, but only got 10,000. I was told I could not get 100, but that they would only give the certs out for 5,000 (50), 15,000, etc -- they totally skip the 10,000 level! My husband's card had the 15,000, and I did get 150 and used it to reduce the cost of our cruise. Have they always done this, or is this something new -- only doing 5,000 and 15,000.

Archived