Safest place to leave car in FLL?

baxley

We're going to be gone for 12 days and would like to know where you feel it would be safest. Our hotel will let us leave our car for free...but it is on a busy street with no fence...and I'm not sure it would be safe. I value your experienced advice.

Lorene

I can't recommend any one lot, but the thing is, no place, even "secure" ones are 100% safe. Do a thread search on here because there were some recent posts on here about cars that got broken into even in the so called "safe" lots. Common sense would dictate you are asking for trouble in a lot with no fence, as well as if you were to leave valuables in your car seen or unseen.

We're going to be gone for 12 days and would like to know where you feel it would be safest. Our hotel will let us leave our car for free...but it is on a busy street with no fence...and I'm not sure it would be safe. I value your experienced advice.

Lorene

The parking garages at Port Evergaldes appeared to me to be very safe. To get to them you have to go thru port security. The draw back is they are expensive at $15/day. If you use them make sure you know which dock you boat is leaving from. The 2 garages are a ways apart and approched from different port entrances. One from the north port entrace and the other from the mid port enterence.

We have always used the Port Everglades parking garage for the same reason that the above poster mentioned. You need to show ID to get into the port area and the garage is patrolled. I know it is patrolled because when we returned from our last cruise our car wouldn't start. Within five minutes there was a guy on a golf cart there to help us without us even looking.

Aside from the security aspect, it is so nice to step off the ship at the end of the cruise and have the bellman take your luggage right over to your car in the garage for you. No hassle, a nice tip and you are on your way while others are looking for transportation to wherever they parked their cars.

Thanks for giving me the kind of information I needed. $15 a day IS expensive....but your car will be there...and not broken into. I didn't know the bellman would do that either. Thanks.
I have used Park-N-Fly for many years for both Port & Airport parking and have never heard of anyone ever having a problem. Very reasonable $10.50/day if you are a AAA member otherwise $12.00/day. It is Safe, well lit fenced and open 24 hrs. a day. IMO safer then the port parking.

Lorene

Well probably the police department would be the safest place to leave your car but I'm sure they would not appreciate it. Second most would be at the port.

Lorene

Lorene, What hotel in FLL are you staying in? We're three couples with three vehicles who are doing some research right now to decide what to do with our cars during our upcoming March cruise. We left our cars in a hotel parking lot in Miami with no problems but haven't found a hotel in FLL that offers the same free parking. Thanks in advance for any info you can share with us. Hope you enjoy your cruise!

We're staying at the Candlewood Suites on hwy 84.....but there are MANY hotels who have a free parking policy. Check out park-n-fly type sites on line. Also go to the Fort Lauderdale site and they have a list of them. Hope you find a good one! Have a great trip.

Lorene

• 2 weeks later...
What hotel in Miami will let you park during cruise?

Is there a list?

Thanks,

Luri

Hi Luri, there are a few hotels with cruise parking. The one we're familiar with is the LaQuinta Miami Airport East. We were very happy there for our pre-cruise night, but it wouldn't be good for a longer stay. All we did was come in from the airport, eat dinner, sleep, eat breakfast and take the shuttle to the pier. Although we didn't use it, they do have cruise parking.

I'm sure other poster's will come along with different options :).

Archived