Looking for NEWS on VOYAGER-Galveston!!!

TEXASMUNK

Sorry, I didn't see Derek.

Martin was in a great mood anytime we saw him. Hopefully he will meet your expectations on the upcoming cruise.

thanks. looks liek we are the only ones that did not have a good experience with him. not that we had a BAD one, just that he did not "work the room" per se like other concierge's we have had. I will certainly go with an open mind towards him.

USC beats Sooners by 10, on a neutral field.

BUT, can only score 24 pts.

UT beats Sooners by 10 (ON NEUTRAL FIELD).

Only conclusion:

UT better than USC.

UT National Champions!

How did USC get into the mix? I believe we all know The Texas Longhorns should have been in the game and could have hooked the Gators. It would have been a better match-up regardless.

Just can't believe UF didn't grab the extra 7 points in the last minute of the game...they could have, had it been OU they would have...

I know this is off the subject how early can you board the voyager thanks (Todd):)

I've been on the ship at 10:30am and on another boarding day the passengers were not allowed to board until after 4pm. It just depends.... usually you can start boarding between 11 and noon. It's all about when the ship arrives, when the ship is cleared, and when the folks on shore are given the "go ahead" to start the boarding. Arriving at the terminal before 10 means you are going to wait. Arriving after 1 means you will probably walk right thru the terminal as fast as it takes to check your pass port. Enjoy :)

USC beats Sooners by 10, on a neutral field.

BUT, can only score 24 pts.

UT beats Sooners by 10 (ON NEUTRAL FIELD).

Only conclusion:

UT better than USC.

UT National Champions!

No!

How about a brain cramp?

I truly meant Florida....But it has been a long week!!!!

roflmao--good save.

anyhow, I like your way of thinking. I missed the game last night.

roflmao--good save.

anyhow, I like your way of thinking. I missed the game last night.

Game was good. At the end they showed some ou folks crying.

Ok, I'm not mean, just believe they were a bit too cocky about how they deserved to be there over Texas...and then they blew the game, were manhandled by Florida, a sad showing for Big12... The look on BS face was priceless, probably trying to figure how to explain his loss. :D

Game was good. At the end they showed some ou folks crying.

Ok, I'm not mean, just believe they were a bit too cocky about how they deserved to be there over Texas...and then they blew the game, were manhandled by Florida, a sad showing for Big12... The look on BS face was priceless, probably trying to figure how to explain his loss. :D

well, had we, UT, played TT better.......... :rolleyes:

How did USC get into the mix? I believe we all know The Texas Longhorns should have been in the game and could have hooked the Gators. It would have been a better match-up regardless.

Just can't believe UF didn't grab the extra 7 points in the last minute of the game...they could have, had it been OU they would have...

It is okay if you rub it in, we deserve it. I'm taking a cruise to forget our troubles VOS 2/8 looking forward to it. First time on the Voyager.

Divided household...one of each.

If Mack Brown tells the boys to burn some clock, TT does nto get time to come back.

Players won, coach lost it for them.

But still...those good folks from Oklahoma KNOW how to enjoy a cruise...get on a ship with lots of Texans!!!!!

2 weeks and Voyager re-visited!!!!!

We have had several days that have had heavy fog and ships have not be allowed in port. We were on the Voyager last year and had to sit outside of the ship channel for hours before the fog lifted and we were cleared to dock. People were really angry at the terminal as they waited in lines for hours. Just be sure that the weather is clear if you plan on showing up early.

Pete, wish we were sailing with you on the 25th. We took the ferry to Port Bolivar today and Carnival sailed away while we were looking at an insurance loss. Sure is hard being 20 miles from the Voyager when she docks without trying to become a stowaway.

Hi other Chad: how are you? Can you believe its been this long since our cruise? Hope to see you on another soon. Leaving with Snoozeman on Sunday...wish you were going:D

Hey, Becci!. Yes, I can believe how long it's been since our cruise, but I can't believe how long the folks have been (and still are) posting to the roll call thread! :D They're up around 20,000 posts now. It really is cool how folks make what turn out to be lifelong friendships from accross the country on cruises.

That was a fun group, and hopefully, some of us will cross paths again. I still hear from Arvids occasionally. Remember Kenny? We have photographs.;)

Have some fun for us and let us know how the old tub is holding out (the Voyager, not Snoozeman :rolleyes:)

We're sailing in April on the last Galveston ported Voyager cruise before they head back to Europe, so we're anxious to hear how things are going. I hope Eric Dowis is still CD when we sail. Funniest CD I've seen so far. We also had a lot of friends on the staff and crew who we're hoping will still be onboard when we sail.

Great to hear from you. Drink something for us!

We have had several days that have had heavy fog and ships have not be allowed in port. We were on the Voyager last year and had to sit outside of the ship channel for hours before the fog lifted and we were cleared to dock. People were really angry at the terminal as they waited in lines for hours. Just be sure that the weather is clear if you plan on showing up early.

Pete, wish we were sailing with you on the 25th. We took the ferry to Port Bolivar today and Carnival sailed away while we were looking at an insurance loss. Sure is hard being 20 miles from the Voyager when she docks without trying to become a stowaway.

Sorry I missed you when you posted. Wish you ....... wait a minute, there are stil a few cabins open. Come on !

Hey, Becci!. Yes, I can believe how long it's been since our cruise, but I can't believe how long the folks have been (and still are) posting to the roll call thread! :D They're up around 20,000 posts now. It really is cool how folks make what turn out to be lifelong friendships from accross the country on cruises.

That was a fun group, and hopefully, some of us will cross paths again. I still hear from Arvids occasionally. Remember Kenny? We have photographs.;)

Have some fun for us and let us know how the old tub is holding out (the Voyager, not Snoozeman :rolleyes:)

We're sailing in April on the last Galveston ported Voyager cruise before they head back to Europe, so we're anxious to hear how things are going. I hope Eric Dowis is still CD when we sail. Funniest CD I've seen so far. We also had a lot of friends on the staff and crew who we're hoping will still be onboard when we sail.

Great to hear from you. Drink something for us!

That was a good one about the "old tub"........ :p

and Yes, Eric is the CD all the way to dry dock! Enjoy :)

That was a good one about the "old tub"........ :p

and Yes, Eric is the CD all the way to dry dock! Enjoy :)

That's good news! He's been our favorite CD so far. Does anyone know if his favorite (as of last April) sidekick (Holly, the shopping guru girl) is still with the Voyager staff?

That's good news! He's been our favorite CD so far. Does anyone know if his favorite (as of last April) sidekick (Holly, the shopping guru girl) is still with the Voyager staff?

Holli has depart the RCI building for shoreside work. I agree that they made a great team but wait, the activities manager Eric has now has a snappie personality and a British accent so they should be a lot of fun together. I haven't seen them interact yet but I have high hopes.

Man, you are just full of information! I figured the odds of Holli lasting for more than a year on the same ship were slim. Not because of her but because of that position. I've never seen the same shopping guide for two cruises in a row.

But she was really sweet (not bad to look at either, might I point out) and she and Eric had a great rapport (mostly insulting, but very funny schtick) when they hosted the Kareoke Superstars show. In fact, she told us that people often asked if she and Eric were dating or married. She said she knew him far too well to date him. :D In any event, she was pretty close to the end of her contract last April as well.

That does mean that his activities director is new. I forget the name of the AD last year (I think it was Alex) but he was definitely American. There was a British guy named Richard on the CD staff at that time. He had a great sense of humor and was very personable so I'd be tickled if it was him who got the promotion to AD on the Voyager. Up to this point, my favorite AD was a Canadian girl named Marnie, who used to be on the Rhapsody, when she was sailing out of Galveston.

I'm not sure why, maybe it's having been on the fringes of the entertainment business ( I was in a band for close to two decades, off and on), but my wife and I often seem to spend quite a lot of time hanging out with staff and crew onboard. We just seem to click with them quite often.

Archived