Miami/ Key West?

celoplyr

I am going on my first cruise on April 2nd-6th on Carnival. It leaves out of Miami and the first port is Key West. I am flying in that day (flight should arrive at 9am) and my back up plan was to catch the boat in Key West if I couldn't make it.

I saw somewhere that might be a problem. Does anyone know?

Welcome to cruisecritic!

If your flight gets into Miami at 9AM you should have NO troun]ble making the ship which dioesn't leave until 4:30-5 o'clock! If anyone misses the ship, they fly/get to the ship's 1st port and get on then but you certaimly shouldn't miss the ship! Or, get a flight the day before as we do and many people do, then you know you will make the ship!

Won't be a problem getting on the ship but a heck of a hassle getting to Key West, hotel etc. not to mention missing a day on board.

Even with a few hours delay you should be Ok. Better if you could fly in a day early.

My problem is that I read that there's an antiquated law about getting on a ship at one US port and getting off at another. I know it's a hassle getting to Key West- but at least somewhat drivable which would make it doable if I was more than 7 hours late:)

Thanks!

I am going on my first cruise on April 2nd-6th on Carnival. It leaves out of Miami and the first port is Key West. I am flying in that day (flight should arrive at 9am) and my back up plan was to catch the boat in Key West if I couldn't make it.

I saw somewhere that might be a problem. Does anyone know?

The Passenger Vessel Services Act (PVSA) prohibits foreign carriers, which includes 99% of the cruise lines, from transporting passengers between two US Ports without stopping at a far foreign port. The closest far port is Aruba. If your cruise stops there, you are ok, otherwise not.

Rich

Archived