What happens if we don't use all our OBC?

timetravellers

Yes you lose it forever.

I have heard that on some lines any leftover OBC is credited to the Crew Welfare Fund.

However this is is only scuttlebut and in any case would FO do it?

Maybe they would, FO always had a reputation for treating the crew well, however I have also heard it said that Fred wouldn't give his granny a discount on a cruise if he thought he could get away without doing it!

Who knows?

Not me, a longtime FO cruiser now priced out by the high cruise costs on FO and forced to sail Princess - which is surprisingly pleasant but their ships are a little large for my taste.

Hi , I have to say that I agree with some of the past comments ... my on-board credit seems to disappear like snow off a ditch on a hot day ! You would have to be a non- drinker , that didn`t shop and never left the ship for any paid excursions , to still have OBC left in your account .

Dont get me wrong there are a few people out there like that and good luck to them , my belief is if you are like that you should be looking for a better deal , one that includes the money off you holiday , not one giving OBC .

( Just my thoughts , you maybe disagree )

Cheers and happy cruising ...

• 3 months later...

We have a few hundred this time and, even if we didn't drink which we do so the OBC evaporates, we would use it up in the gift shop and take home some fancy gifts or spa products or something.

It's great knowing we have the credit - make the cruise seem more 'all inclusive of drinks' for us. I know we have probably paid for it one way or another but we got a good price so it doesn't feel like that.

Robbo 123

dont forget to go to the pursers, desk when you get there to make sure it,s on.

There has been a fuel surcharge of over £40 each on our trip

I was told by out t.a this should be comming back to us by way of o.b.c.

Have got 150.00 as well when we booked . Have paid for my trips before hand so i suppose its either drink or the wife,s perfume , who will win.

The betting closes on the 05/04.

Odds 1/1000 i win

steve

Robbo 123

dont forget to go to the pursers, desk when you get there to make sure it,s on.

There has been a fuel surcharge of over £40 each on our trip

I was told by out t.a this should be comming back to us by way of o.b.c.

Have got 150.00 as well when we booked . Have paid for my trips before hand so i suppose its either drink or the wife,s perfume , who will win.

The betting closes on the 05/04.

Odds 1/1000 i win

steve

Thanks, I remember when we booked I saw that offer, see it is now hidden in the small print in the brochure now. Our trips also already paid, so dare say we will make use if it some how :)

:D

• 4 weeks later...

Archived