Summit - Who's Working in the Fun Factory?

CruiseDad-NYC

I'm cruising with my family soon (i.e., end of next month) and was wondering if anyone happened to know the names of the people working in the Fun Factory. I was wondering if, by chance, staff from our cruise last year on the Millennium might happen to be on board.

Thanks!

We just got back from the Summit.

The three staff member that were there for our cruise were:

Sharee from Austrailia, Ligia from Brasil, and Stephanie from USA.

Our cruise was an early December Trans-Atlantic so the fun factory only had 6 kids who were fun factory age, my two kids who are 10 and 12, another 12 year old boy, and then a few European pre-schoolers who came in occasionally to play with their parents.

They were definitely be bringing on more counselors for the holiday cruises as they were expecting over 100 kids for those sailings.

I just wanted to compliment the staff for doing a great job when there were very few kids in the program. They still published their standard list of activities, but they would adapt to what my kids wanted to do. Often it was playing board games or video games with the kids. Sometimes it was doing arts and crafts. My kids had a great time in the fun factory even when it was only them. The staff was always there during the regular hours, so the kids knew they could come in anytime and find something to do.

We've done cruises with 45 kids, 100 kids, and around 200, and now 3, and the Celebrity youth staff has done a great job on all cruises.

Thanks! We had Christy, Liliana, and Ines, all from Peru, on our trip in February, and my 2 boys (ages 4 and 6) really liked them and the Fun Factory. I'm glad to hear your kids had a good experience.

Did you have any in-room babysitters in the evening? My kids go to bed very early (usually by 7), so we're hoping to be able to line that up again.

I'm impressed that you took your boys on a transatlantic. I really would like to do one, and every one seems to fall during the school year. I might just have to pull them out of school and give it try or else I'll just have to wait 15 years!

We had a great time on the cruise.

I actually have one of each, one boy, 12 and one girl 10. Our school district is actually very accommodating when parents want to take the kids out of school as long as they get their work done. In our case my son had three assignments that he turned in before the trip and then one that was due the Friday after we returned so he had it 90% done before we left. Then he just had to do 10 math lessons while on the trip. DD had most of her work done before we left and then did an academic presentation to the class on the places we visited. We are now on our Chistmas break and they are completely caught up from the two weeks gone, with good grades for the semester.

Our kids are old enought that they stayed up with us rather than needing the baby sitting, so I'm sorry I can't help you with the in room baby sitting thing. I just hope you have wonderful cruise and know that your kids will have a fantastic time on the tripl.

Another intesting bit of info is that the other boy who was onboard durning this cruise is in the middle of sailing around the world with his parents and older brothers on a 40 ft. sail boat. However, Mom was having a bit of a problem with seasickness on the yacht, so she and her youngest son booked the Summit to cross the Atlantic while her husband, Father and older sons made the voyage on the sailboat. She's been home schooling her two youngest sons during the round the world voyage. It was quite interesting talking with that young man about his two year journey. They will take about 6 more months to return home to Austalia.

Archived