Gallery 1 Doubletree Ft Lauderdale, how far from airport

newlu

Hi,

How far is the Gallery 1 Doubletree Hotel in Ft Lauderdale from the FLL airport? We are 6, do I need to contact a shuttle or can we take a cab/minivan (6 with luggages) from the airport, or maybe cheaper to take 2 cabs then shuttle. Also, anywhere I can buy wine near this hotel?

Thanks

newlu

Newlu,

we stayed at the galleryone during thanksgiving and we LOVED this hotel. The hotel is very nice and clean and the beds are magnificient. Anytime i leave out of fort lauderdale, i will definitely stay at this hotel. There is a liquor store right across the street on the side of CVS. It closes very early like 7:30 or 8. Its adjacent to a bar and the guys were nice enough to open the store for us. We were buying alcohol, however, im sure they have wine. As far as the shuttle is concern, we made reservatuions with Quality limo. They picked us up from the airport and transported us to the hotel. The next day, they picked us up from the hotel and transported us to the ship. There prices are based on the amount of people you have. There were six of us from the airport and we paid $55 for the shuttle ride which equals out to about $10 per person. There were twelve of us going to the ship, which cost us about 8 per person. I believe the ride took about fifteen minutes. I would pre arrange with a shuttle company versus a taxi. Hope this helps.

Great to hear! Thanks for all the info, I have emailed about shuttle service, but the next day, we are leaving from Miami, we fly in and out of FLL (cheaper) and I have already a price for the port of Miami at $15 per person (we are 6). I would prefer to stay at the GalleryOne, and am happy to hear that you liked the hotel. We want to purchase wine for our cruise before, thanks again!

Newlu

Great to hear! Thanks for all the info, I have emailed about shuttle service, but the next day, we are leaving from Miami, we fly in and out of FLL (cheaper) and I have already a price for the port of Miami at $15 per person (we are 6). I would prefer to stay at the GalleryOne, and am happy to hear that you liked the hotel. We want to purchase wine for our cruise before, thanks again!

Newlu

I love eating at Seasons 52 and Galleria Mall then heading over to Blue Martini for GREAT live music.

Thanks, I would love to go to Blue Martini, but my parents are 78 and 81 and after a day of travel, I think best to go to a more relax atmosphere for dinner, nothing fancy, any suggestions that we can walk to? I think the hotel has an outdoor terrace, or anything close by. Also, is CVS a pharmacy? I might need some bonine. Thanks for all the info, greatly appreciated!!

Newlu

CVS is a pharmacy and they have everything you will need especially if you forget something. In Galleria mall, they have a bunch of eateries including a salad place, pizzeria, sushi, and i think mexican. Its like a carousel of eateries. We had someone in our party who had difficulty walking and she did not have a problem walking to the galleria mall. I think your parents will enjoy the atmosphere.

I would encourage you to contact Quality limo for your ride to Miami, which would avoid you going back to the airport. Initially, they had quoted me a price to miami, however, we were leaving out of fort lauderdale. If my memory doesnt fail me, the price was very reasonable.

Your parents would probably enjoy Seasons 52 (modern cuisine) or P.F. Changs (Asian) in the front of the Galleria Mall. They are low key and not fancy, good chains. There is also the Capital Grille (chophouse), but it is pricier. Reservations are strongly suggested at any of these, and they do have websites so you can check them out in advance. They are just west of your hotel by a block. You can sit indoors or outdoors. The eateries inside the mall are in a food court, so there is no table service. There is also a decent traditional chinese restaurant across the street called Jade Palace. I never have eaten in the restaurant in your hotel, but they do offer waterfront dining. Because it is in a hotel that is not on the beachfront the locals don't eat there, so I haven't heard anything positive or negative. CVS is almost directly across the street from the hotel. In addition to Bonine, they sell wine, but only a limited selection. Wine is not sold on Sundays before noon, by law. Have a great trip!

Hi,

Thanks for all the info. I got prices for all our transportation needs. the only one that is a bit high is the one from FLL airport to the Gallery1 hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. It will be around $80.00. Can we do better with 2 cabs (as we are 6) or will cabs be more than $40.00 to the hotel.

Thanks again for everything, now I know this place has everything we need walking distance..

newlu

• 6 years later...

We stayed at Gallery One Doubletree a few months ago. There were 10 of us including a child who needed a carseat and we used John's Car Service to pick us up at the airport to hotel, hotel to ship, and ship back to airport. We ate dinner at an Italian restaurant (sorry, can't remember the name) that the front desk recommended. It was a few blocks away and some of our group walked but I did not (too old). There was a small shuttle ...room for 4 people...that took me to the restaurant for $3 each way. Front desk told us about that too.

My son and DIL walked to CVS and Publix to get a few things. We ate breakfast at the hotel the next morning and I think the buffet was $20/pp.

I would definitely stay there again. Rooms had 2 double beds plus a sofa bed in the living room and also a small kitchen.

We stayed at Gallery One Doubletree a few months ago. There were 10 of us including a child who needed a carseat and we used John's Car Service to pick us up at the airport to hotel, hotel to ship, and ship back to airport. We ate dinner at an Italian restaurant (sorry, can't remember the name) that the front desk recommended. It was a few blocks away and some of our group walked but I did not (too old). There was a small shuttle ...room for 4 people...that took me to the restaurant for $3 each way. Front desk told us about that too.

My son and DIL walked to CVS and Publix to get a few things. We ate breakfast at the hotel the next morning and I think the buffet was $20/pp.

I would definitely stay there again. Rooms had 2 double beds plus a sofa bed in the living room and also a small kitchen.

Thanks for the update. From what I have read I am happy we choose this hotel!!

.....We ate dinner at an Italian restaurant (sorry, can't remember the name) that the front desk recommended. It was a few blocks away and some of our group walked but I did not (too old). There was a small shuttle ...room for 4 people...that took me to the restaurant for $3 each way. Front desk told us about that too.....

The Italian restaurants in walking distance are Franko & Vinnies, Big Louie's, and Il Mulino. Il Mulino is very popular. All are low-moderately priced.

Also, Cafe Vico is about a mile away and is very good and more expensive.

Edited by royalcruz

• 1 month later...

How much was John's Car Service for your transportation? If you could also post contact information. Thank you:)