Princess luggage tags

travellover3

If you are taking an independently booked flight to the embarkation port on the day before the sailing and will be using a Princess transfer at the airport, should you put the Princess tags on your checked bags before the flight? Or, do you use the tags only for the transfer to the ship on the following day? Hope this question makes sense!

Thanks

If you are taking an independently booked flight to the embarkation port on the day before the sailing and will be using a Princess transfer at the airport, should you put the Princess tags on your checked bags before the flight? Or, do you use the tags only for the transfer to the ship on the following day? Hope this question makes sense!

Thanks

If using Princess transfers, even the day prior to your sailing, YES, I would put the luggage tags on before you leave home.

...should you put the Princess tags on your checked bags before the flight? Thanks

Yes from my experience. Unless you have to go through customs and claim your bag(s), Princess will have the bag pulled based on the tag.

I could be wrong, as I only carry-on now. Hopefully, someone will answer before you leave. Couldn't hurt to use the tag though.

Thanks

We never put on the ship tags until we arrive at the port airport. :)

Actually, the first time I flew from Tampa to LAX for a cruise, at check-in I asked the airline whether I should put the Princess tags on before checking the bags, and they encouraged it. She indicated that, should there be a delay in the bags arrival in LA, the airline would know where to deliver the bags to. I have done so every time I have flown to the cruiseport city, and the tags have always still been on my bags when I retrieved them from the luggage carousel in the airport. As a precaution, I reinforce the tags with clear package sealing tape.

Actually, the first time I flew from Tampa to LAX for a cruise, at check-in I asked the airline whether I should put the Princess tags on before checking the bags, and they encouraged it. She indicated that, should there be a delay in the bags arrival in LA, the airline would know where to deliver the bags to. I have done so every time I have flown to the cruiseport city, and the tags have always still been on my bags when I retrieved them from the luggage carousel in the airport. As a precaution, I reinforce the tags with clear package sealing tape.

I've been told the opposite by the airlines, and in fact a baggage handler told me that your bags are more likely to be misrouted the more tags there are on the bags. He told me to make sure that ONLY the airline tag is on for your flights for the best chance of them arriving with you.

Don't you love when the airlines can never give you the same answer twice?

By the way, the cruise lines no longer pull luggage from the carousel like they did pre-911, so that's not a reason to have your cruise tags on your bags, either.

Archived