New single cruiser

jefft99

Hi out there.

Does any one have any first hand experience with going on a singles cruise. I will turn 35 on x-mas day and i will be soon divorced after the first of the year, and I think it is a perfect time to treat myself to a fun vacation. I've been to the carribean, to the all- inclusive resorts and i thought i would try a cruise for something new and fun (never done a cruise). After researching i have come across a few singles cruise web sites that specialize in the singles cruises (**********.com and ********.com), are they worth it, or is one better then the other? i am looking to be around as many people my own age as possible. Any suggestions? I haven't been out in the singles world for over 13 years so this is a bit out of my comfort zone but all that i have seen in reviews seems like this can be a lot of fun. What is the ratio of men to women? Anybody have any negative stories? Any suggestions or info would be great?

Happy 35th birthday tomorrow! (I'm taking my 2nd annual birthday cruise in February and it will be my 35th, too!) I'm sorry about your divorce, but glad to see you're trying to make the best of it.

First let me encourage you... cruising solo is THE BEST! If you think you will like a cruise, I think you will love it!

I've never been on an organized singles cruise, but since I travel solo, I've looked into them a lot. Here are a few things to know...

The big difference of a singles cruise is that they have some organized events throughout the cruise to get the singles mingling and introduced. I always thought singles cruises were jam-packed with singles, but they're not. From what I hear, the women far out-number the men (good for you!) There's no real way to make sure the group of singles will be around your age unless it specifies a certain age group. My experience is most of the singles fall in the 30-55 age range.

Regular cruises (at least Carnival) have a couple of "singles mingles" during the week, but they're not hosted, so it's tough to tell who's there for that and who just happens to be in that area at the time.

As far as the negative I've heard, what I've heard most is that it's difficult for the singles to determine who's looking for love and who's looking for a hook-up. The people looking for long-term love/romance are disappointed that people only want a one-week hook-up... and vice-versa. Just like in the real world, just be open about your expectations.

My advice, whatever you choose, is don't be shy! If you let people know you're traveling alone, you'll be amazed at how many other solos/singles you'll meet onboard. And definitely join the roll call here on this site for your sailing once you book. Most groups arrange for the roll call group to meet after the lifeboat drill so you'll meet lots of people so there are some friendly faces on board throughout the week.

I've rambled enough! Have a VERY Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday!

~Tammy :)

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I am sooo ready to have so new fun and meet some new people. I am a little on the reserved side so this would force me to meet and mingle a little. I hope you have a great b-day cruise. Sounds exciting.

Hi out there.

Does any one have any first hand experience with going on a singles cruise. I will turn 35 on x-mas day and i will be soon divorced after the first of the year, and I think it is a perfect time to treat myself to a fun vacation. I've been to the carribean, to the all- inclusive resorts and i thought i would try a cruise for something new and fun (never done a cruise). After researching i have come across a few singles cruise web sites that specialize in the singles cruises (**********.com and ********.com), are they worth it, or is one better then the other? i am looking to be around as many people my own age as possible. Any suggestions? I haven't been out in the singles world for over 13 years so this is a bit out of my comfort zone but all that i have seen in reviews seems like this can be a lot of fun. What is the ratio of men to women? Anybody have any negative stories? Any suggestions or info would be great?

Howdy jefft99! 50.gif

Welcome to Cruise Critic and thank you for your first posts! 05.gif

Your post had to be edited. Please note the title description of this forum toward the top of the page:

Singles Cruises Which cruise line offers the most for single cruisers? Solo cruisers?

Note it says line, not agent, agency, or other cruise-related site or message board.

Also, please remember the Guidelines we all agreed to follow with our free membership:

... There shall be no third-party recommendation of travel agencies on any forums within Cruise Critic. General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted...

... Cruise Critic reserves the right to approve or deny links which lead directly to or link to cruise-related material or message boards that are not located within Cruise Critic...

... Only official Cruise Critic Group Cruises may be promoted anywhere on our cruise forums. This includes graphics, links, banners and references to any non-Cruise Critic Group Cruise. Any promotional material posted on the forums about non-Cruise Critic Group Cruises will be removed without notice...

Basically, the names, web sites, etc. of travel agents/agencies or other cruise-related sites or message boards --- even if "masked" --- are not allowed in Cruise Critic message board posts. Posts asking for the name, site or further information or posts offering same, will be removed as well as any replies to the removed posts. This includes asking for further info by e-mail or offering to send the info by e-mail.

082502btw_prv.gif, per the Guidelines, your first post should be removed at once since it mentioned a couple of travel agency sites. However, since you are a new member I edited your post and closed the thread. This will leave your thread on the forum so you can see this reply and not wonder what happened.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!

Kat 110105_emYA10_prv.gif

'Tis the season to be jolly...

Archived